Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vehicle
    Vauxhall Zafira B 2006 1.6 Club
    Hello!

Sorry to gatecrash this post Zaffy, but I also have bought a 2006 zafira B, however I want to solve a few problems by buying a new head unit. At the moment I have the bog standard CD30 with TID, no auxillary points, no added extras whatsoever, my fm transmitter I used with my old zafira doesn't seem to like being plugged in by the handbrake, over the cup holder.

I want to upgrade, but don't want it cost the earth
    I would like a decent in-dash sat nav
    The ability to play music from my Iphone either through aux or bluetooth etc.
    Have handsfree

I've seen the Eonon units on eBay, although don't want to spend my money on something which may be no good
    I've seen Pioneer units in Halfords which could be a possibility
    I am also quite interested in the CD70 navi with CID, however I'm a little lost on where to start, my local Vauxhall parts want 700+ to source and fit, and I'm struggling to find definitive information on what will fit and what won't and whether codes are needed or other in dash cabling which the 2006 model does not have.

Very confused! I would really be grateful if somebody could advise please!

Thanks
    Jo

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      I'll have to be reasonably quick on my reply here but......

If you can get a CD70+CID from VX for £700 fitted then it's almost certainly the way to go. Last time I read anything to do with this kind of kit it was double that.

My EONON turned out to be a VXMMI, though I'm not overly happy with the supplier of this. They are known and reputed to be poor at customer service and two emails to them regarding my unit went unanswered. It seems once they have your money, they're not interested any more. I've read similar things have happened to others too.

Cheaper units around £275 can be had on eBay. I am not sure of the quality of those and have heard horror stories.

EONON get good reviews from most, but they should at that price!

The other alternative is a Touch & Connect unit that can be found in newer (like 2012) models. They come up from time to time on eBay.

Anything VX OE will need to be coded to your car using Tech2. A dealer should be able to do it, but its not guaranteed, that's why I ended up selling mine as my local dealers could only program whatever was standard, in my case a CD30 with BID. Anything other than that specific combination was either beyond them, or they simply were not interested in helping me, not sure which, possibly both? So you will need a well-versed VX mechanic, or someone willing to help you out for a drink.

Anything non-VX OE should slot straight in without additional programming.

Hope that helps a bit for now?

S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2