Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: CIM Problem?

Vehicle
    Vectra C

CIM Problem?

Hi,
    Bought a vectra a couple of weeks ago. Whilst turning the steering wheel, the power assistance is on/off, making the steering feel notchy. When I first bought the car, the steering warning lamp was on, this was caused by the plug for the steering angle sensor on the steering rack not being connected. I re-connected the plug, cleared the fault codes & the warning lamp is now off, but the steering is still the same. There are no fault codes present for the steering or the CIM, but when I read the measuring blocks for the CIM the steering angle sensor shows 0 degrees all the time. Would this mean a faulty CIM or will the steering angle sensor need re-calibrating? Also, is there a steering angle sensor in the CIM itself, or is the one on the steering rack the only one?
    Last edited by stonedagain; 21st December 2013 at 05:05 PM.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.3 CDTI
      Hi.
      First of all check the alternator voltage. It must be between 14-14.4V idle speed.
      Steering angle sensor is in the CIM and it should change value when steering. Try to recalibrate it.

Vehicle
      Vectra C
      Thanks for replying.
      Alternator voltage is fine (the alternator has just been rebuilt). The steering angle sensor is definitely in the rack on my car (no esp). Thre is a short harness which plugs into the rack at one end, the other end plugs into the steering pump. I just can't understand why the CIM measuring blocks show the steering angle sensor but not in the measuring blocks for the pump. My next step is to try re-calibrating the sensor, but for that I need the PIN code. I can't order the car pass for my car until I receive the registration document from DVLA.