Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    vauxhall astra h

Insignia mile age display issue after battery replacement

Hi, my 60 plate insignia's mile age no longer displays after the battery went flat. i had the battery replaced at kwikfit and the mile age no longer displays.

i took the car to bristol motors (vauxhall dealers) today and they couldn't resolve the issue and cannot identify the problem but charging me £210 for literally nothing. the customer service is really poor for a dealership (no professionalism at all). They kept the car for the weekend saying they need to contact the pro (so who are the guys messing around with my car in the dealership? are they not pros?).

does anyone know what my issue is here as i know theyre ripping me off because i do not know what the problem is and plus my warranty just ran out a month ago.

your help will be much appreciated.

thanks
    imran

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi Imran,

The mileage on the insignia is stored in the BCM (Among other places), the speedo reads this from the BCM and displays that.

This could indicate a fauty BCM or the eeprom needs re-soldering, but that is only likely if the car has been clocked, which is another reason that the clocks display ------

Not sure if this would repair it, but on reprogramming the BCM the fist step is a mileage check which it normally skips as not necessary, in your case it may detect it as necessary and do something different. This is only a guess, never had one to look at with this problem.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Similar Threads

1. Display issue
    By Neilhigbee in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd February 2018, 04:42 PM
  2. Astra Mk5 CID display - issue after decoding
    By manevni0 in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 7th June 2015, 02:52 PM
  3. replacement BID display
    By rob576 in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th June 2014, 02:26 PM
  4. Replacement OE Insignia with DAB - Help needed
    By Car Vision UK in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th May 2012, 10:28 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

https:www.diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php2201-Insignia-mile-age-display-issue-after-battery-replacement

vauxhall insignia mileage display not working

insignia battery replacement

insignia mileage not showing

vauxhall insignia battery replacement

vauxhall insignia mileage not showing

vauxhall insignia mileage correction

Vauxhall insignia battery

insignia odometer correction

Insignia speedo stopped working after battery replacement

remove insignia battery

why has my mileage disappeard after jump starting my vauxhall insigniano millage display after battery run flat on vauxhall insigniavauxhall insignia mileage display does not showingvauxhall insignia mileage not workinghow to change insignia batteryreset milage on the insigniainsignia battery changevauxhall insignia 2010 no mileage on displaychanged battery on insignia and mileage counter all linestotal mileage not showing on Vauxhall insigniaproblems after changing a battery in an ipel insigniavauxhall insignia mileage not displayedmillage does not showing on vauxhall insignia how to change battery on vauxhall insignia