Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Mk 5 1.9 150 cdti , courts filter , crd 2, fully decatted,

Astra H 2007 Vxr keyless entry -not starting at all fault codes present

Hi hope somebody may be able to help / shed some light on this for me

All started on Wednesday morning .. Goes to car as normal unlocks car with fob .. Gets in clutch down presses start button nothing - no dial swoosh no noises nothing .. Can still lock and unlock car

3 months ago I replaced the car battery to a Bosch S5 ,5 year warranty jobbie ... So takes battery back has it checked out told battery is good but I wanted it changing anyway ( piece of mind )
    Got home fitted new battery and still nothing

After doing a bit of reading on internet I have come across the CIM recall information .. So a call to VX customer care team and the outcome is my car was not done

So today I have had me car on tech 2 and it brought the following codes up

B2910 ESCL PRESENT ( not sure if said blocked now )

B1011 OPEN / START ERROR INFO STORED ON CIM -C003

Could not do anything as to do a reprogram I was told need to have ignition on or so am told ... Is this correct or anyway around this with keyless entry .. anybody else ever had this problem

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      There have been 2 main issues with the CIM on the Astra

• Clip fitted to resolve issues with the horn and steering controls (This is the recall vx refer to)
      • Reprogramming due to immobiliser not picking up key correctly (DTCs 1614 and 1616), which does not apply to keyless cars.

So I don't think either of these is specific to your problem.

B1011
      The control unit recognises the malfunction of the circuit via an internal evaluation logic. Concerned Terminals PEPS:21 - CIM:18
      This leads to a defective Steering column lock actuator, PEPS control unit or CIM if the wiring checks out

B2910
      ESCL (Electromechanical Steering Column Lock)
      The control unit recognises the malfunction of the circuit via an internal evaluation logic. Concerned Terminals PEPS:21 - CIM:18
      This leads to a defective Steering column lock actuator, PEPS control unit or CIM if the wiring checks out

It may be your steering lock is jammed or broken, try moving the steering wheel about as you press the start button. On Keyed cars you sometimes can't turn the key due to the position of the steering wheel and have to adjust before it will remove the steering lock.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Steering lock actuator - will ask about this

Is there anyway to get the igniton on to reprogramme the CIM

What would you do / could you sort this ???

Cheers

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.8
      Clarkey did you ever sort this as I have the exact same intermittent problem.

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by stencils View Post
      Clarkey did you ever sort this as I have the exact same intermittent problem.
      Electromechanical steering lock

Not the cheapest part to replace

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.8
      oh right so it was as pecky suspected. How much and who did yours? My steering lock is still working tho was yours?

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by stencils View Post
      oh right so it was as pecky suspected. How much and who did yours? My steering lock is still working tho was yours?
      Vauxhall did it mate ... My steering lock would not release and car would not start .. As was keyless

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.8
      Right ok mines slightly different steering lock comes off and dash lights up but no cranking. Thanks for your quick replies tho.