Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall astra diesel est 1.7 cdti

Management lights

Evening all... Assistance required..ages wks ago the amber spanner light started to appear on the dash.. It stayed on for a few days..car was ver sluggish and had no pick up ..it then disappeared and the management light Amber "tank" appeared instead.. Took it to garage ,they did a diagnostic said it was my sensor took out cleaned it and management light was off...still did not have any pick up..then last wk same thing as b4.. 1st spanner ..that disappeared replaced by Amber tank..no pick up at all..took back to garage ..say checked sensor as b4 ..that's working fine..management light is off..but they say turbo not working.. £500-£600 to replace they tell me ..did pedal test code 010552 on dash appears..any assist appreciated b4 I hand over £500+

Car : astra diesel est cdti 1.7 on the 05 plate

Ta

Jaz

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      P0105 fault code relates to the Boost Pressure Sensor which could be a faulty sensor or a leak in the pipework. It may need replacing rather than just cleaning.

I'd look into that a bit more before shelling out on a turbo.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Check pipework for cracks holes etc could me something small, get replacement boost sensor if it not solve the problem than on turbo engines first thing what starts playing ussaly is airflow meter when you get management light on disconect wiring from it check how car feels , turbo would be last what will fail and when it will you will notice it

Vehicle
      Vauxhall astra diesel est 1.7 cdti
      Cheers both 4 info..as I'm not mechanically minded.. Pecky any chance u could do the checking for a reasonable price ..I work in Walsall , so could hook-up after Work some day if possible..Sure the guy said e had replaced the sensor from another and they were working fine, that the management light goes off and the diag machine shows no fault..but when the test drive ..they can tell no power running and turbo not turning..
      Last edited by Jaz4969; 5th November 2013 at 09:16 PM.