Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira b

Zafira B 1.9cdti will not start

Hello I hope some one can help me with my Zafira problem! The car is a 2006 1.9cdti and in the last couple of weeks it has been starting then cutting out straight away but then starting up fine on the second attempt. Unfortunately the problem has expanded to the car only cranking over intermittently you turn the key all the lights come on on the dash but no cranking. It's not the immobiliser as the car with spanner doesn't flash! It has had a new cim unit fitted a couple of months ago and I have just had a new USC fitted as there was signs of damp. I have also sent the ecu away to be tested and they are saying that it is fine. The other weird thing is an F being displayed in the centre display were the instant consumption would normally display, by the way it's a manual box. I just don't no what to do I'm stumped! Any feed back would be welcome.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Have you tried the pedal test for any codes or do you have a code reader at all
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira b
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Have you tried the pedal test for any codes or do you have a code reader at all
      Thank you for your reply, I have several fault codes but they are in the sim unit and other modules the main one seems to be u2105 no communication between sim and ECM. I haven't got the rest of the codes as I am waiting for the ecu to come back then I can write them all down.

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      I had the same faults as you on our Zafira, had the CIM changed and cured it. Was your CIM brand new?

Vehicle
      Zafira b
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
      I had the same faults as you on our Zafira, had the CIM changed and cured it. Was your CIM brand new?
      Yes it was a brand new cim unit from vauxhall, I have been wondering if it has gone faulty but I don't now of any way of checking it! I don't think vauxhall will just take my word and swop it!

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      Guess the only thing you can do is give it back to them, if they find it's the CIM they will have to replace it free of charge.

Vehicle
      Zafira b
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
      Guess the only thing you can do is give it back to them, if they find it's the CIM they will have to replace it free of charge.
      Hi was your Zafira cutting out while driving because of the cim?

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      No, never while driving, just starting. Sometimes I'd put the key, turn and all the dash lights would flash, take the key out, try again and usually start, occasionally it would take a couple of attempts.

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Is anyone stille in this thread? i have maybe the same problems.. i iam lucky to get the car started, there is no problem while driving, but when i came to a stop, the instrument is starting a wild disco, all lights blinking, and needle drops to zero, and back on, almost like instrument is rebooting, if i hold the rev on 15-1700rpm, there is no problems, but if i dont, the instrument is flashing, and sometimes, the engine dies, and when the engine dies, it is very hard to get started igen, no turning starter motor, the only thing that happens, is a relay in the back is clicking, maybe a fule pump ore something.. are those things near yours problems. or dit you ever figure out what was wrong?

Vehicle
      Vauxhall
      I have the exact problems as above. vauxhall Zafia 1.6 petrol 2005 Changed sim module,ecu ,rear fusebox,front fusebox, cleaned all earths, the car randomly cranks then stops if you pull the ecu relay its resets and might start. codes that stay in the cim u2100 and u2105 .sometimes there is no communication all together on all modules.
      Must someting like abs not send signal. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast