Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Insignia SRI 160 Nav Tourer

Insignia SRI 2.0 CDTi (160) Nav

Evening

I have the above car which I got last week and am delighted with it apart from no bluetooth.

The car is May 2012 and it has a colour screen to compliment the NAVI 600 radio and sat nav.

What would I need and how much would it cost to allow bluetooth for my phone?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You need to add the bluetooth module, custom loom and have it programmed, which is the difficult part. The programming has to be requested from GM in Germany, dealers either say they can't do it or get refused the programming from Germany. There are a few of us who can add it as after market and program it, closest to you is Lancashire http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-O...item1c3674c7a7 for an idea on price.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Insignia
      Dear Pecky,

as You can see I'm from Bosnia&Herzegovina. I have Insignia 2.0cdti 160psk Sport without bluetooth. I don't have somebody near me to do bluetooth retrofit for me like You in UK and some guys in Germany. I have my Opel local dealer here and they told me that they will do programming for me if they know how to do it. In addition to that can You please send me step by step programming for my Insignia MY2010 after hardware bluetooth update. As You say it should be easyer becouse my Insignia is MY2010 and we don't need some VCI code from GM. Then I will show them Yours instruction and they will thell me if they know to do it according to your's instruction. And if they know to do it then I will order hardware.As Opel dealer they have all needed for programming MDI software and others.Thank You in advance.

PS.If I live some near You I would vist You to do bluetooth retrofit for me but I'm so far away.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by djwhite View Post
      Dear Pecky, as You can see I'm from Bosnia&Herzegovina. I have Insignia 2.0cdti 160psk Sport without bluetooth. I don't have somebody near me to do bluetooth retrofit for me like You in UK and some guys in Germany. I have my Opel local dealer here and they told me that they will do programming for me if they know how to do it. In addition to that can You please send me step by step programming for my Insignia MY2010 after hardware bluetooth update. As You say it should be easyer becouse my Insignia is MY2010 and we don't need some VCI code from GM. Then I will show them Yours instruction and they will thell me if they know to do it according to your's instruction. And if they know to do it then I will order hardware.As Opel dealer they have all needed for programming MDI software and others.Thank You in advance. PS.If I live some near You I would vist You to do bluetooth retrofit for me but I'm so far away.
      Every insignia I've retrofitted it to so far has needed a VCI code regardless of age. The VCI code and age of car seems to relate to the Astra J only. I don't ever give out programming guides as it shouldn't be me teaching dealers how to use their own equipment. You will need to fit the hardware, a custom made loom is needed as vauxhall/opel don't sell them, then request a VCI code for the Radio and programe it in once received from Opel. If your dealer doesn't know how to request a VCI code then find another dealer as it is a routine item.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Insignia
      Thank You for answer Pecky. I know that I need to order hardware from You or these guys from Germany becouse of custom made loom and I would like to do that. The point is I'm sure these guy's from Opel dealer here know they job but I'm allso sure they have never do programming for bluetooth retrofit becouse I don't know anybody in my country who has done bluetooth retrofit for Insignia. If it's standard programming like others stuff with that MDI software I think It woudn't be a problem. I know that is maybe too much to ask for you programming guide because You do it for money and why should You believe me I won't share that instruction but it's not my intention to do that really. Just I don't wont to buy hardware and have problems to activate it. If it's standard MDI programming like they probable do in they dayly job I think they will know to do it. One more question. Can they ask now VCI for radio for my car before I buy hardware (to see if they will recive it from GM)? And second about installing microphone. Is it posible to install it on original place in Insignia (in the "front internal light box")? Is there a place for microphone for Insignia without preordered bluetooth? I buyed used car and would never miss bluetooth but the guy who buyed it new didn't know that is extra equipment. He told me that.