Hi,

Electronic engineering student here trying to squeeze in one last project before heading off to uni... I've pulled my head unit from my Corsa, and stripped it to see what I can improve.
I've spent quite a few hours hopelessly searching for a service manual, schematic or even a datasheet for this box, but so far found nothing, however I did manage to get a pinout for the Philips SAF7730HV onboard by finding another radio with the same IC and writing it out - I've attached what I've made/found in case anyone's interested:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAF7730HV.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	858
SAF7730HV.txt

Funnily enough, there's not only pins there for stereo aux input, but also for an SD card. Clearly the manufacturers haven't implemented this, and it might be a bit much to try and do so, but it just goes to show how much potential is in these things.

As my Corsa is an '07 plate, I've been cursed with the 26/06/2006 model of the unit, which unfortunately means no stereo aux in, although I have found a way to get aux in from a mono source - if anyone's interested I'll post up some nice pictures and make a tutorial at a later date, the solution's a bit of a hack at the moment. In the hope that the newer models with the actual aux-in pins share most of the circuit as my model, I've bagged a radio off eBay from a '10 plate, which I'll be opening up the same as I've already done to mine.

My theory is that the newer model (??/10/2006 onwards) will have the same PCB and components as the 06/2006 model, albeit more of them will be populated, as there are a couple spots for ICs which are empty and plenty of solder points for passive components. If this is the case, enabling the aux in on the older models will be a case of soldering on some components, and flashing the NEC processor and the EEPROM, and this is where I need some help.

I've managed to source a decent datasheet for the NEC processor, and secure a couple EEPROM dumps, however now I'm stumped. In a hex editor, I can make out some software dates, code indexes, saved radio station names, etc. but there seems to be a lack of consistency between dumps, and I have no idea how to decipher the rest of the gibberish. As well as this, the lack of a proper schematic to help, I'm stuck spending hours with a multimeter doing continuity tests to try and map out traces and see what connects to where.

So this is where I have to ask - I'm aware that the administrator of this site has some software which can extract information from EEPROM dumps, but I'm not here to ask for it; I'm doing this as a challenge, and getting the answer without trying doesn't seem right to me. Plus, it's being used commercially so it would be unfair for me to ask for it anyway. Instead, I would very much appreciate if possible, some information about various offsets in the EEPROM dump, for things such as hardware info, security code, program/code/?? indexes, anything possible. As well as this, if anyone is kind enough to share the service manual for this radio (if it even exists that is...) I would very much appreciate it and it would be a great help for my project, along with whatever info there might be for the SAF7730HV.

Will post updates when I find things out.

Thanks for reading,
Simon