Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra h 1.7

Angry Astra h 1.7 diesel fault code Ecn 068302 or P068302 Glow plug open circuit

Hello,

I have a Astra 1.7 diesel 2009, having problems with the car/ spanner light. Light comes on from cold and stays on until car is turned off and warm around 10mins, can turn off and restart immediately and light is out.

Have codes Ecn 068302 or P0683 believe these to be Glow plug open circuit.

Checked glow plugs all working.
    Checked wiring to plug caps and 3 give a reading of 0.5 ohms the other 1 gives a zero reading.
    Checked continuity on zero reading cap has far back down the loom has I can and all is fine .

Should all caps give a reading of 0.5 ohms.
    Have change glow plug module with no change

Car has had 3 code readers read it and no faults found, got this code from pedal test, and after checking has above think this is related.

Any thought would be appreciated has this is driving me mad.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Are you sure that is the code?
      There is a P0638 which is throttle control
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Astra H 1.7 Ecoflex
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Are you sure that is the code?
      There is a P0638 which is throttle control
      I also have the same problem, have read the fault with Op-Com and can confirm it is P0683 Glow Device General Error. I have replaced the relay and the plugs, with new GM parts, and the same fault occurs. When the vehicle warms up and is stopped and restarted, the spanner light goes out and the fault becomes flagged as inactive.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but the coolant temperature sensor is reading about 8 degrees high. Just thought I'd mention this for completeness.

Spend 8 hours replacing the parts yesterday to find the fault occured as soon as I reconnected the battery!

Vehicle
      Zafira 1.6 EcoFlex Diesel
      Have you now sorted the problem Nik? I have fault code 068302 on my Zafira and would appreciate any advice.

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Astra H 1.7 Ecoflex
      Quote Originally Posted by Tad T View Post
      Have you now sorted the problem Nik? I have fault code 068302 on my Zafira and would appreciate any advice.
      It took a while but yes, I've solved it. I ran my own cabling from the glow plugs to the glow plug control relay, as it was too much like hard work to strip the loom for a fauly that might be there.

It worked a treat. No more problem.

From what I've read, the engine loom seems to be a little prone to faults. Not a comforting thought!

Best of luck,
      Nik.

Vehicle
      Zafira 1.6 EcoFlex Diesel
      Cheers Nik