Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra arctic edition

Question Fitting Bi Xenon headlights

Right I'm planning on fitting my bi xenon headlights to my Astra. Also I'm going to be using d2s hid kit just need to know what I need to do. As far as I know so far I have to....
    Pins 9 & 10 – Need new earths
    Pins 7 & 8 – Need swapping over.
    Then do I need to use the brown and yellow wires inside the headlights to power my hids?
    Thanks Charlie

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Twintop Excl XP
      For bi xenons you don't need to swap pins 7 & 8. This is ONLY required for the AFLs.

Yes, the brown and yellow wires provide power to the ballast for dipped beam. You can find the OEM ballasts and igniters - I picked up a pair of each (secondhand) for a LOT less than the ridiculous GM price.

The ballast is available at http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hella-g...-5dv008-290-0/ and fits under the headlamp unit.
      I don't have the Hella part number for the igniter to hand (this bit fits on the back of the D2S bulb), but can look it up if you want.

James

Vehicle
      Astra arctic edition
      Sweet cheers for your reply Im going to use hid kit as can get that all for under £60.
      Also will I have to get tech2 to make it work or doing the earth mod and using yellow brown wire is all I have to do?

Vehicle
      If you get a HID kit that is CAN Bus compatible then you won't even need Tech2 as the ballast will present an electrical load with similar characteristics to a normal halogen bulb and thus the UEC won't be any the wiser.

I had AFLs fitted a few weeks ago by Pecky and all I can say is he's a top chap! I'm very happy.

Vehicle
      Astra arctic edition
      Nice one ill try and get canbus kit also is there any where else's what does the earth mod looms as they seem to be sold out or do I need to speak to pecky about knocking up a few more as would be a lot easier to do as well as my mates car

Vehicle
      It's worth asking Pecking as he can probably make you a pair of adaptors up that simply plug between your existing connection and the xenons. You will need to make sure that you mention it's for bi-xenons and not AFLs so he knows not to swap 7 & 8. He'll probably ask you anyway to be certain

Vehicle
      Astra arctic edition
      Awesome cheers for all your help mate and what's the best way of getting hold of him PM?

Vehicle
      Post in the Help Desk Contact Pecky forum.

He may not reply immediately as he has a full time job and is quite busy.