Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Peugeot Expert

Warning to everyone who wish to buy drew tech cable for GM cars

So done bit of testing with Drew Technology PassThrue cable for GM cars Mongoose GM2 Pro on vectra C, Astra H, Zafira B
    So results:
    1. Affordable price under £500 (bought for £484 with VAT and postage)
    2. Works with Tech2Win thats best thing (official subscription first time buyer 1 day 25.39 EUR than 10 EUR a day plus 3.9% handling fee) not cheapest but must have it
    3. Supports all windows 32/64 bit

So warning is because it wont communicate with Low Speed Can
    On Vectra C modules are IPC, BCM, DDM, PDM and some more
    On Astra H modules are nearly same

So if replacing CIM you will start with CIM and will end up with CIM because all other ecus will be Mondatory ECU not present.
    So dont waste your time and money its not completely compatible with vauxhall cars so Tech2 or MDI
    Cable tested ready for shipping back

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Thanks for the warning, I had seen them and thought they looked too good to be true.

Will stick to the MDI I think.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 diesel
      I have considered upgrading to MDI but having shelled out a small fortune on Tech1 and Tech2 I feel I have enough capability to support my own fleet and the few jobs I do for local garages.

Thanks for the review - I too keep seeing these new interfaces appearing on eBay and various other diagnostics kit suppliers and wonder if they are as good as they seem.

More worryingly are the cloned Tech2 units doing the rounds - although I haven't seen one I can't help but be interested to compare them with the real one.

Cheers,

Ian.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Well i would say nothing can be better than oem tools but even oem tools have bugs, cloned tech2 in not expierienced hands wont do much as its not easy to update card so most of them are stuck on old software, cloned mdi interfaces are cheap copies of bosh vci which you cant get working even 10 tries so not worried about copies. So im trying to test everything what works on vauxhalls not sure what will test next but when will be any news will let members know
      Pecky i hope you will not buy MDI for more than £1000 as it costs less sure without philips toughtpad

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      well bit of update
      Regarding tools support 10 emails with question have you installed drivers
      So decided to play with it bit more so results are. Got it working for now on old tech2win but with custom build drivers and dll's, found that they released new tech2win driver will test it and report

So if anyone decides to buy it be prepared for headache and poor support

Vehicle
      Corsa Color edition 1.3 z13dtj
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      well bit of update
      Regarding tools support 10 emails with question have you installed drivers
      So decided to play with it bit more so results are. Got it working for now on old tech2win but with custom build drivers and dll's, found that they released new tech2win driver will test it and report

So if anyone decides to buy it be prepared for headache and poor support
      so still you are unhappy with this tool? I am thinking to buy this tool so do you still recomend GM PRO II?
      my car is 2012 corsa d. I just wanted to reprogram some features..
      thanks..

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      With new driver works ok didnt had any problems but with older was pain in a** to get it working on single can regarding support team i can tell you if cant prove that you are using legit subscription from gm than dont even rise a ticket or you will end up with questions - have you valid subscription or have you installed a drivers, forgot to mention drew cable works only with tech2win and gds2 newer versions, sps (but loads of features removed by gm in globaltis) no other soft for them you are buying only cable

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Oh while got on mind do not use vmware or any other virtual soft it works but stops when it decides

Vehicle
      Corsa Color edition 1.3 z13dtj
      thank you

Vehicle
      Signum
      Hi any chance you could tell me how you sorted out the communication issue unfortunately i was sold one of these and wanted to use it on my signum for programming and it won't do it on the low speed any help would be great sorry to drag up a old post

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast