Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra mk5 1.3cdti club

Cool replacing cim using opcom need a step by step guide

hope i've posted in correct place i'm looking for an idiots guide to replacing the CIM in an Astra H aka mk5 using op-com software. due to my horn has stopped working and it now adjust my stereo i've been to Vauxhall and they say its already had the repair done in 2011 so they wont touch it even though its suffering from the same issue they recalled it for. i've already had the CIM out and when I replace the air part the horn works and it works after the airbag is replaced until I turn the engine off and then it goes back to how it was controlling the stereo. anyone that can give me a guide how to use op-com for replacing the CIM or even have any ideas about anything I can do with the CIM which may make it work again will be gratefully received.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 diesel
      Steve,

I believe Opcom works broadly the same as Tech2 as it is mostly copied from that.

It's worth noting though, that for some modules, Opcom messes up the variant coding and other setup data, so you may be better (safer) plugging it into tech2.

The process depends a bit on your car configuration, assuming it's correct now, it goes broadly like this: note everything, reset your current CIM and programme the new one with the data you noted (Tech2 has a 'Program ECU' menu item that steps through the items).

To get a more detailed guide, you probably need to find someone doing the same job, or speak to a Vauxhall tech - there always used to be a couple on some of the forums. I'm guessing OpCom doesn't come with procedural instructions and I'm loathe to start reprogramming my car to note the procedure, sorry.

Before you get into the CIM replacement, was it a batch of faulty CIMs that caused the fault (I did read a TSB in TIS about them a while back) or might you have a faulty connector? If the wiring is OK, check your CIM is not one of the duff ones.

Ian.

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 diesel
      Reading this again it does sound like a connection or supply Voltage problem - engine running gives a supply Voltage of 14V (ish), engine off gives 12.6V (ish).

A poorly set up regulator could mess up the control interpretation. You don't have a LED conversion on the steering wheel controls do you?

Ian.

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 1.3cdti club
      Quote Originally Posted by Ian T View Post
      Reading this again it does sound like a connection or supply Voltage problem - engine running gives a supply Voltage of 14V (ish), engine off gives 12.6V (ish).

A poorly set up regulator could mess up the control interpretation. You don't have a LED conversion on the steering wheel controls do you?

Ian.
      Hi thank you for the quick reply, its just the standard stereo controls on the steering wheel i've not done any upgrades, I might have mislead you on previous post I meant when the ignition is in the on position or position 2 where the lights are on but engine isn't running. when its like this I remove the airbag and when I put it back in while i'm applying pressure to fit it back in the horn sounds and it still works as normal once its been installed but once I turn the keys to the off position and back to position 2 and try again it just changes my radio station rather than sounding my horn

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi, You won't find any idiots guides for opcom on here as I don't support it or teach people how to use their tools.

Having said that I wouldn't post one up for this on any site as you have to reset and re-learn the whole immobiliser system on the car. Last time I tried, even with the legal one, it couldn't reporgram the security code in the IPC, so you can easily brick your car if you followed a guide and you would get upset at the person giving you the guide when your car was dead.

The fault you describe though is resolved by the CIM clip, if the dealer has done it, do you see a clip like the one below on your cim
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 1.3cdti club
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Hi, You won't find any idiots guides for opcom on here as I don't support it or teach people how to use their tools.

Having said that I wouldn't post one up for this on any site as you have to reset and re-learn the whole immobiliser system on the car. Last time I tried, even with the legal one, it couldn't reporgram the security code in the IPC, so you can easily brick your car if you followed a guide and you would get upset at the person giving you the guide when your car was dead.

The fault you describe though is resolved by the CIM clip, if the dealer has done it, do you see a clip like the one below on your cim

Hi thanks for the reply from the picture you have shown im pretty sure when I took it apart previously it didn't have the metal clips on it. even though Vauxhall said it had already been done by Vauxhall but not there Vauxhall garage another one. is the metal clips the repair that should have been done when they recalled it.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      There have been two attempts, first was the controls looms in the steering wheel, second was the clip. So you may have had the first one done.

The metal clip is what you want.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 1.3cdti club
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      There have been two attempts, first was the controls looms in the steering wheel, second was the clip. So you may have had the first one done.

The metal clip is what you want.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      Hi ive just whipped it apart again to double check and it has 1 clip on the left as you look at it but nothing on the right side ive ordered a new one which came today and that had 2 clips on one each side so I removed one and tried it on my unit but didn't make a difference so ive put it back to how it was. is there anyone on this group in the Derbyshire area that has the tech 2 could do with a price to reset old one and them reprogamme the new one.

Vehicle
      Zafira MK2 1.9 Z19DT
      hi all I need replace CIM
      any help how to do it tech2
      better in the CIM module- program ECM.... or body- immobilizer-change CIM....or something like that
      and after programming CIM need reseting all modules?
      thanks

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Whole post removed due to not reading it was for ASTRA..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast