Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Peugeot Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by millydo View Post
    Hi domtorredo, Just to close my input into this thread. I drove to Pecky's for a booked coding session on my CD70 Navi last week (which he did very quickly and efficiently - highly recommended!), and he spent some time with his Tech 2 and some dismantling to investigate why the Park Pilot switch could not control the parking distance sensors. The upshot was this: the two cables from the park pilot switch to the IPC are there but the IPC itself is not fitted out to respond to the switch. So to get the switch to work I would have to change the IPC with the version that has the park pilot LED icon fitted. It is also highly probable that the Vauxhall aftermarket installation kit was never intended to work with the park pilot switch as the parking module supplied, correct for my car, Pecky found on his EPC to be designated 'without switch'. He also found the same with the programming codes given for the installation. If I had known this I would not have spent the additional £35 on replacing the hazard switch module with park pilot, but there you go! I read that the IPC (speedo unit) is actually quite easy to remove/refit but unless I come across the correct version I will leave it. I do thank Pecky for his technical knowledge and expertise.
    Yes with ipc is loads of problems on epc they arent listed what extras they have and what not, same with cruise control most of ipc doesnt have led but it still works
    will try to source out some ipc idents your car is diesel/petrol auto/man?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 twinport estate
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Yes with ipc is loads of problems on epc they arent listed what extras they have and what not, same with cruise control most of ipc doesnt have led but it still works
      will try to source out some ipc idents your car is diesel/petrol auto/man?
      Thanks for that, my car is a 2006 Design estate 1.6 Twinport (petrol) with manual gearbox.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Thanks for that, my car is a 2006 Design estate 1.6 Twinport (petrol) with manual gearbox.
      Found some these are for Park Pilot and Cruise Control, Manual Transmission other extras unknown
      For petrol

Part number 13309000 ident YF (idents have been changed PH-XL-UB-YF)
      Part number 13309005 ident UM (idents have been changed UX-ZW-UM-UM)
      Part number 13309018 ident YT (idents have been changed UY-YT)

In case if someone will need them in future for diesel
      same as for petrol Park Pilot and Cruise Control, Manual Transmission other extras unknown

Part number 13309006 ident YG (idents have been changed PK-XQ-UD-YG)
      Part number 13309001 ident YB (idents have been changed UZ-ZY-UP-YB)
      Part number 13309019 ident YU (idents have been changed BF-UZ-YU)

Vehicle
      Found some these are for Park Pilot and Cruise Control, Manual Transmission other extras unknown
      For petrol

Part number 13309000 ident YF (idents have been changed PH-XL-UB-YF)
      Part number 13309005 ident UM (idents have been changed UX-ZW-UM-UM)
      Part number 13309018 ident YT (idents have been changed UY-YT)

In case if someone will need them in future for diesel
      same as for petrol Park Pilot and Cruise Control, Manual Transmission other extras unknown

Part number 13309006 ident YG (idents have been changed PK-XQ-UD-YG)
      Part number 13309001 ident YB (idents have been changed UZ-ZY-UP-YB)
      Part number 13309019 ident YU (idents have been changed BF-UZ-YU)
      Thanks for the quick response. Am I correct in thinking that in each case the earlier idents are compatible with the current ones? I see on eBay that these IPC speedos can be bought quite cheaply, and that programming is essential.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Thanks for the quick response. Am I correct in thinking that in each case the earlier idents are compatible with the current ones? I see on eBay that these IPC speedos can be bought quite cheaply, and that programming is essential.
      cant be big difference in never models as if you have car like 2004 and never compatible model with changed ident was relased in 2011 and it works than it should work vice versa too
      never paid much attention to these things if anything internally have changed if i need something im checking epc than i know whats is compatible whats not i think pecky could tell bit more if anything is different when idents changes

Vehicle
      cant be big difference in never models as if you have car like 2004 and never compatible model with changed ident was relased in 2011 and it works than it should work vice versa too
      never paid much attention to these things if anything internally have changed if i need something im checking epc than i know whats is compatible whats not i think pecky could tell bit more if anything is different when idents changes
      Thanks again, I will continue to check it out and see what I can find.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      You are always welcome wish you a luck finding it just if you can post it how things is going can be useful to other members

Vehicle
      Will do, I have learnt quite a lot just by browsing through the threads.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      yep thats a main reason why forums must be but all depends on users most of them just finds solutions and thats it they dont report if it worked if not and how they fixed things

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Hmm, this makes for interesting reading, I have the park pilot module ready to be fitted along with the PP button on my 6 button centre console, I will get my speedo out so that I can check the part number(s) against the ones posted in this thread, Hopefully I wont have the incompatibility issue that the OP has had, mine is a 2008 Astra SRi and as was also mentioned, mine has the LED indicator for cruise control even though my car wasn't fitted with CC from the factory. I'll post back with the results of my findings as I'd quite like to get this retrofitted at some point in the near future

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast