Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra Mk5 1.6 twinport estate
    Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
    Don't remember exactly where switch programming was but can check later today op com should do it, i mentioned fr20 because i know it doesn't have any voltage when ignition is off and its closest to recommended amperage in our case 10 Amps but it really doesn't matter as long as it works on another locations
    OK thanks, I will now move the fuse holder to FR20 and try and locate the Park Pilot switch for programming using my Op Com. Will let you know how I get on!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by millydo View Post
      OK thanks, I will now move the fuse holder to FR20 and try and locate the Park Pilot switch for programming using my Op Com. Will let you know how I get on!
      Found the Park Pilot switch in the IPC module and programmed it as "Present" but continues not to function as an on/off control for the parking sensors which are otherwise working fine. Could be down to coding and my inexperience in programming or limitations of the Op Com. In terms of wiring connection could it possibly be down to no wiring communication between the park pilot module and switch? It does occur to me that although the park pilot module had plenty of cables to it via the loom provided the only physical wiring connection to the car is the supply at FR20, a ground and communication via the previously empty position at Pin 29/30 in the REC X5 block connector. The installation instructions indicated the possibility of an existing green cable to Pin 30 and splicing the new cable into it if it were there. Might this green cable be what I am missing?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      yep could be down to codding as you mentioned zafira code index before, or op-com wont code it but shows codding successful.
      from wiring side red wire is positive voltage +12v black is ground green is for can bus communication any of these wires missing or no contact would not show parking module as present and you wont be able to program it other wiring is for sensors and buzzer so nothing wrong with wiring, did you tried to push and hold that button or just pressed

Vehicle
      yep could be down to codding as you mentioned zafira code index before, or op-com wont code it but shows codding successful.
      from wiring side red wire is positive voltage +12v black is ground green is for can bus communication any of these wires missing or no contact would not show parking module as present and you wont be able to program it other wiring is for sensors and buzzer so nothing wrong with wiring, did you tried to push and hold that button or just pressed
      Hi domtorredo, Just to clarify, the white cable from the kit went to the empty Pin 29/30 position in the X5 block connector - there was no green cable already there to splice into, as indicated might be the case in the installation instructions. I have communication with the module as the parking sensors work when reverse is engaged, but how does the module and/or reverse gear switch communicate with the Park Pilot switch? Might it be that as the kit is an OEM retrofit, and not a factory fit, there is no wiring provision to link the module with the switch? Interestingly, the installation instructions do not refer to the Park Pilot switch at all, even when programming in the installed kit. I have pressed the switch on and off and pushed and held it for several seconds in case there is a routine to bring it into use, but no joy! Is there a routine?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      communication between them is by single wire can (low speed can bus)
      in our case system doesnt know what has been done what button is pressed, 2 options not coded properly or fault in switch module
      but i would say its down to codding dont have much time but when will have will do some checks

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Could you check if you have all wiring present at switch module pin 16 and pin 7 if they are present than its down to coding, but if you want we can do some more complex checks, check on ipc connector between pin 31 and ground resistance switch pressed should be reading from 95 to 113 ohm and switch not pressed 1.7 to 1.9 kohm

Vehicle
      Could you check if you have all wiring present at switch module pin 16 and pin 7 if they are present than its down to coding, but if you want we can do some more complex checks, check on ipc connector between pin 31 and ground resistance switch pressed should be reading from 95 to 113 ohm and switch not pressed 1.7 to 1.9 kohm
      Hi domtorredo. Many thanks for the technical detail, I will see if I can carry out the checks you describe over the weekend. I suppose the easiest check would be at the IPC connector, but where is it - is it one of the block connectors at the REC?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      ipc is speedo, wiring from hazard switch goes to speedo

Vehicle
      ipc is speedo, wiring from hazard switch goes to speedo
      Right, well, that might be difficult to get to, not only to disconnect but to get the prongs of a multimeter to the connector! I shall now consult my Haynes Manual and see what is involved.

Vehicle
      Hi domtorredo, Just to close my input into this thread. I drove to Pecky's for a booked coding session on my CD70 Navi last week (which he did very quickly and efficiently - highly recommended!), and he spent some time with his Tech 2 and some dismantling to investigate why the Park Pilot switch could not control the parking distance sensors. The upshot was this: the two cables from the park pilot switch to the IPC are there but the IPC itself is not fitted out to respond to the switch. So to get the switch to work I would have to change the IPC with the version that has the park pilot LED icon fitted. It is also highly probable that the Vauxhall aftermarket installation kit was never intended to work with the park pilot switch as the parking module supplied, correct for my car, Pecky found on his EPC to be designated 'without switch'. He also found the same with the programming codes given for the installation. If I had known this I would not have spent the additional £35 on replacing the hazard switch module with park pilot, but there you go! I read that the IPC (speedo unit) is actually quite easy to remove/refit but unless I come across the correct version I will leave it. I do thank Pecky for his technical knowledge and expertise.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast