Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Peugeot Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by millydo View Post
    Me again. As it may be a problem of supply perhaps I should point out another possible discrepancy over the fitting instructions. With the supplied new loom was a single cable terminating in a fuse holder into which I had to insert two 5 amp fuses. The holder itself is fitted with a fuse blade and I had to insert it into Fuse Position 15 (FR15) in the REC. The point is there are no blade contacts in this fuse FR15 position - it is empty, not even as a 'spare' fuse position that could be brought into use. So, in terms of the fitting instructions what is the point of putting a fuse blade into a position that has no contacts and therefore no supply? Is it just a convenient 'parking' position for the holder with the two fuses or am I missing something!
    Hi
    Regarding fuse FR15 not all rec units has it available,with pin 30 it should be present (can be empty or already with green wire in it) don't remember if counting half block pins where 29 or 30 but you can compare your connector with my in photo from previous posts
    While positive cable isn't connected you wont be able to program it
    Last edited by domtorredo; 24th October 2013 at 11:09 PM.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 twinport estate
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Hi
      Can you post details what is done so far and if available with part numbers and idents (REC, PAS etc) just to save time asking all over again and can be useful for other members
      Regarding fuse FR15 not all rec units has it available, bit confusing is pin 30 it should be present (can be empty or already with green wire in it) can you post photos of your connector.
      Thanks for the response domtorredo, I will take some photos of the pin situation with the X5 block connector tomorrow and post them, with appropriate part numbers and idents.

Vehicle
      Hi
      Regarding fuse FR15 not all rec units has it available,with pin 30 it should be present (can be empty or already with green wire in it) don't remember if counting half block pins where 29 or 30 but you can compare your connector with my in photo from previous posts
      While positive cable isn't connected you wont be able to program it
      Hi domterredo, Could you please clarify for me, where in the REC does the Park Pilot installation get its positive (supply) from, is it via the X5 block connector (Pin 29/30) or from the fuse FR15 (in my case there is no supply to that fuse position)
      Thanks.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      regarding fuse fr15 you can try to plug it in fr20 place if you don't have a CDC fitted, voltage is present and then try to program it again
      just tested moved my from fr15 to fr20 works as it must

Vehicle
      regarding fuse fr15 you can try to plug it in fr20 place if you don't have a CDC fitted, voltage is present and then try to program it again
      just tested moved my from fr15 to fr20 works as it must
      Many thanks for the advice. I do not have CDC fitted so will transfer my fuse holder from FR15 position to FR20 tomorrow and let you know if it works!

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Positive comes from fuse FR15, green wire in X5 connector is can bus wire for comunication

Vehicle
      Positive comes from fuse FR15, green wire in X5 connector is can bus wire for comunication
      Hi domtorredo. Progress - nearly there! Many thanks for your help. I checked my X5 block connector against your photo of it and mine is identical, with the new cable inserted at what the installation diagram shows as Pin 30 (but actually Pin 29). I then moved the fuse holder from FR15 and placed it at FR33 (Open & Start System, which I don't have) and ran through the programming again. This time under Body - PAS the screen now displays the details of the park pilot module, except that it identifies it as 'Zafia B PAS' and not 'Astra H PAS' as I had expected for my car. Moving on to the programming screen the two Code Index options were 01403 and 02201. Neither of these code options were listed in the installation instructions for the Astra H or in the separate instructions I have for the Zafia B, which show the programming code index for the Zafia B as M75 015 AT.MTA/ 016MT. Having to chose one of the codes shown I went for 02201 and configured the system to it. Eventually I got the parking sensors to work after clearing all 14 faults that had apparently arose as a result of the configuration. All now seems fine except that I cannot activate the new Park Pilot switch I have also fitted to the centre fascia panel, so at the moment I cannot switch the parking sensors off when I need to connect my trailer to the car. Any ideas as to how I bring the Park Pilot switch into use?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by millydo View Post
      Hi domtorredo. Progress - nearly there! Many thanks for your help. I checked my X5 block connector against your photo of it and mine is identical, with the new cable inserted at what the installation diagram shows as Pin 30 (but actually Pin 29). I then moved the fuse holder from FR15 and placed it at FR33 (Open & Start System, which I don't have) and ran through the programming again. This time under Body - PAS the screen now displays the details of the park pilot module, except that it identifies it as 'Zafia B PAS' and not 'Astra H PAS' as I had expected for my car. Moving on to the programming screen the two Code Index options were 01403 and 02201. Neither of these code options were listed in the installation instructions for the Astra H or in the separate instructions I have for the Zafia B, which show the programming code index for the Zafia B as M75 015 AT.MTA/ 016MT. Having to chose one of the codes shown I went for 02201 and configured the system to it. Eventually I got the parking sensors to work after clearing all 14 faults that had apparently arose as a result of the configuration. All now seems fine except that I cannot activate the new Park Pilot switch I have also fitted to the centre fascia panel, so at the moment I cannot switch the parking sensors off when I need to connect my trailer to the car. Any ideas as to how I bring the Park Pilot switch into use?
      Hi Switch module needs to be activated via programming, what you are using for programming? If op com can be reason why code index was not there.
      Will advice you to check if there is no voltage on fr33 when ignition is off, if voltage is there check another free space as you can drain your baterry

Vehicle
      Hi Switch module needs to be activated via programming, what you are using for programming? If op com can be reason why code index was not there.
      Will advice you to check if there is no voltage on fr33 when ignition is off, if voltage is there check another free space as you can drain your baterry
      Thanks again. I am using Op Com (I also have a rather expensive Autel Maxidiag Elite which can read but not programme) I will see if I can find the Park Pilot switch using Op Com (possibly under IPC?) and activate it. If it requires Tech 2 I will contact Pecky as I otherwise need to make a booking with him to activate the UHP4 bluetooth module I have also just fitted. Thanks also for pointing out that I need to check FR33 for voltage when ignition is off. Actually, there seems to be a dedicated position at FR13, as per my Owners Manual, for 'Parking distance sensors'. I cannot use it because the space on the REC directly above or below where I am to insert the new fuse holder must be free of obstruction (no relays) as the cable on the fuse holder comes off flat at right angles.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Don't remember exactly where switch programming was but can check later today op com should do it, i mentioned fr20 because i know it doesn't have any voltage when ignition is off and its closest to recommended amperage in our case 10 Amps but it really doesn't matter as long as it works on another locations

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast