Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: AFL help!!

AFL help!!

Hi all im new to the site and in need of some advice/help. I have a Astra H with AFL fitted but ive got the fault code flashing up on the dash. When i start the car with the lights on they do the ritual of going left and right then up and down. Once they finsh that the nearside light slowly moves down then the fault light starts flashing up on the dash. I dont think they are moving now aswell when i turn around a corner. So frustrating have a car with a toy that DOESNT work. Spoke to Vauxhall and it seems like they dont really no what they are talking about. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Ben

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi Ben,

It can only be diagnosed by putting a diagnostic tool onto the car and seeing what fault codes are present.

It is also possible to test the lights functionallity and reset the module under the light if need be. Unfortunately a diagnostic tool is the next step.

It is either a dealer visit, or I can give you details of a guy in Basildon, which is the closest of anyone I know to kent.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Im am booked in for a recall on the horn tomorrow afternoon so ill see if i can get them to plug it in to see what the fault codes are on it.

Do you know the dealer can test the light functionallity and reset the module??

If so, i will get them to do it for me tomorrow and see where i get with that.

Thanks Ben

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Yes the dealer can do everything needed to diagnose the issue.

They can connect tech2 to the AFL control module, from there they can read the fault codes, do actuator tests and reset the modules.

The fault codes should tell them what the issue is, resetting the modules may not resolve the issue.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      astra mk5 1,7
      helo
      i have astra h 2009 and i can't present xenon mode on tech 2(this is what is tell my diller).
      i have oem non afl xenon head lamp, oem ballast, oem ignitior
      is possible to do something because now lap won't stay on or when you start the car light is like strobo in disco

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      It can only be diagnosed by putting a diagnostic tool onto the car and seeing what fault codes are present.

It is also possible to test the lights functionallity and reset the module under the light if need be. Unfortunately a diagnostic tool is the next step.
      Hi pecky! Do you need a secure code of previous car to reset the two AFL modules (a module under each light)? If not, can you describe the reset procedure using the tech2 ?

We try to program the AFL lights and while the connections are correct, the lights don't respond.
      Thank you!

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by vasilik View Post
      Hi pecky! Do you need a secure code of previous car to reset the two AFL modules (a module under each light)? If not, can you describe the reset procedure using the tech2 ?

We try to program the AFL lights and while the connections are correct, the lights don't respond.
      Thank you!
      Hi, No you do not need a code and you don't really need a guide as under the programming menu for the AFL controller is a reset light module function.

When you say they don't respond do you mean they don't turn on or they don't move?

I don't think resetting the light modules is your problem
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Hi, No you do not need a code and you don't really need a guide as under the programming menu for the AFL controller is a reset light module function.

When you say they don't respond do you mean they don't turn on or they don't move?

I don't think resetting the light modules is your problem
      Thank you pecky for your answer! The lights didn't move but the problem solved! One connection of cables was error so tommorow we will do the programming!
      Regards!

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      They need to be programmed in every part of the car they are mentioned on both the canbus and variant configuration before they will move.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk