Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: Range Issues!!!

Vehicle
    Vauxhall Astra H Elite 1.7 cdti 2005

Range Issues!!!

Hi Afternoon all. I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me. Brought an op-com machine a few weeks ago and its fantastic, but I think I've done something to the settings and now my range is always showing zero!! No matter how much fuel I put in it still says zero any comments would be much appreciated to fix this problem.

Its a Astra H by the way, 1.7 cdti 2005 elite model with the GID screen.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You may well have changed the code index of the display.

Question is why mess with settings you don't understand

You need to look for the code index for linear resistance, from the table here https://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/...l-Info-Display you need 002 or 007.

Suggest you put your opcom away now.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Cheers pecky. The thing is i didnt mess about with any other settings apart from the anti hi jack doors and that is it. Will give this a try. Also another query, whilst i was driving to work today, i noticed that my electrics, ie the radio, fuel gauge, speed rev counter, all would just go off and come on and off again but the car would drive fine, its done that a few times now really worrying when im driving on motorway. Any advice on what the problem is would be fantastic.
      Thanks in advance

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by Kal786 View Post
      Cheers pecky. The thing is i didnt mess about with any other settings apart from the anti hi jack doors and that is it. Will give this a try. Also another query, whilst i was driving to work today, i noticed that my electrics, ie the radio, fuel gauge, speed rev counter, all would just go off and come on and off again but the car would drive fine, its done that a few times now really worrying when im driving on motorway. Any advice on what the problem is would be fantastic.
      Thanks in advance
      Hi has no one still got any info on this issue? Ive also noticed whilst hard revving the car when its stationary the headlights will go off and the instrument panel, stereo etc will cut out and then come back on. Any help or comments would be very much appreciated

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It's too hard to say what's going on with the resetting dash, there may be fault codes in the car to give it away.

First rule of fault finding is going back to when the problem started, if it was fine before the opcom programming, then there's the clue. I don't suppose the chinese pirates will offer any support with their tool. You must be the 6th person this week who has come to me with issues which could be opcom related, is there a new version out or something as that is when I normally get a peak in enquiries.

Check for fault codes throughout the car to look for hints.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors