Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall Vectra c 2.2dti-sri

Fitting sat nav system from signum in a vec c

Hi got chance of a complete sat nav system out of a 2004 signum, will it fit in place of the stereo system in a 2003 Vectra c think mines a cdr2005? If it will fit, do I need the arial as well for the satnav?thanks, john

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It may fit as the signum is based on the vectra platform, not sure it that year vectra was the full or 1/2 canbus. If the radio and display connectors are the same it should work. It is possible to get it working on the bench with no car at all so should be possible even if the connectors are different, just needs a little more work.

You can skip the aerial as it is far simpler to ass a "Fakra GPS" antenna off ebay. They are around £10 and just plug direct onto the radio.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Thanks, I do know that my stereo requires code when battery has been disconnected, but the satnav doesn't! Have been told this is a canbus thing!!&that I could have wiring issues!

Vehicle
      vectra c 2.2dti sri
      i have 2003 vectra it 1/2canbus go to this thread for i fitted a ncdc2015 with nav and telematic http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...C-2013-and-CID

Vehicle
      vectra c 2.2dti sri
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      It may fit as the signum is based on the vectra platform, not sure it that year vectra was the full or 1/2 canbus. If the radio and display connectors are the same it should work. It is possible to get it working on the bench with no car at all so should be possible even if the connectors are different, just needs a little more work.

You can skip the aerial as it is far simpler to ass a "Fakra GPS" antenna off ebay. They are around £10 and just plug direct onto the radio.
      aerial base with all wires for nav included i priced from vauxall £230+

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      signum same as Vectra facelift same time as Vectra up to 2005 half can after full can so will be missing wires different iso connector bit of work and wiring will be ok

Vehicle
      vectra c cdti 2008 est 150bhp elite
      you need the sat nav and the screen as a matched pair. if the top air vent panel surround has rounded top corners its normally a colour screen if they are square its a black and white screen the vents and screen are not interchangeable as they are a different size. and all screens are coded to the radio/cd/nav system you can remove from one car and install in another vehicle as above and it will automatically code itself you don't need the ariall the colour unit has two connections on the screen and one cable goes to the wiring harness the cable goes to the cd unit. you need to measure the length of signum air vent top panel that holds the screen and ensure its the same as the Vectra.
      Last edited by neville b; 25th April 2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: required additional information

Vehicle
      Am selling the satnav stereo on eBay now, but have been asked about the clout of the wiring plug on the display! Mine had a blue plug, the chap who asked about it wants it to fit in a 2005 vec, but the plug on his is grey? Does anyone know if this will fit his car? I was told they were interchangeable ( as a pair),many thanks.john

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      it will fit but rewiring will be required, as of 2005 Vectra has different iso connector for cd70 and will need to add some wires to display connector