Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: climate control

Vehicle
    Astra H sportive van 1.7cdti

climate control

I've read all the threads I can find but has anyone managed to get climate control retro fitted and working on a mk5? I know its a lot of work, dash out etc. Ive been studying tis and it looks like a different heater box and fan, most of the sensors are on the box apart from the one on the dash and under the scuttle panel, control panel and some wiring mods or replacing the instrument loom. With some Tech 2 work thrown in. I have already fitted a cid and the compressor seems to be compatible. Is there anything else anyone can think of? Its just that I have the chance of getting most of the parts at a decent price.

Regards Mark

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I think that's it, although the climate controls uses 2 no. 32 pin connectors which are pretty full rather than the one 32pin and 8pin power that aircon uses.

Aside from a lot of wiring to be added it can be done, although I don't think anyone has thought it is worth the effort and have fitted it.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      I've seen the two 32pin connectors on tis, one goes to the heater box for the flaps and sensors, which will come with the box,. The other I will have to add the only wire that I can use from the original loom is the live from the rec everything else seems to be redundant. I presume that the rear window heater will be controlled though the canbus. One of the biggest issues will be, that there is no permanent 30amp supply past x1 for the blower motor. I'll have a look in the shop for them.

Regards Mark

Vehicle
      Hi All,
      Just an update, I managed to find an Astra being broken that had climate control . We took the complete air box and motor complete with air box loom, the sensor from the middle of the dash and speaker grill, the sensor from underneath the scuttle panel and the dash wiring harness. The control panel was a different colour so had to find another one.
      I started on Saturday morning by taking out the centre console and dash. I had looked into just swapping over the different parts between the old and new air box and this worked well until it came to the resistor pack the ecc one is much larger than the standard aircon pack, so the whole box had to come out . Not wanting to remove the doors to get the strengthening bar out, I decided to strip the air box and see if it was possible, luckily it was. Sunday everything was put back together and programmed. The van was booked into vx last Tuesday for re-gassing. The outcome is that aircon can be upgraded to ecc. It took me a whole weekend about 20hrs in total and the coming at £230. £125 for the air box, sensors and looms, £55 for the control panel and £50 for the re-gas.

Regards Mark

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 diesel
      Well done Mark. I miss the climate control I had in the VectraB I have just come out of into the Astra. It's not the cost that worries me, more the idea of potentially spoiling the rattle free interior.

Hope I stumble across a set of parts somewhere.

I take it you changed the dash loom complete to fit it, and added wires to the external looms as necessary?

Ian.

Vehicle
      Thanks Ian, I modified the original dash loom because the donor was from a petrol auto and the van is diesel also the van has factory fitted Bluetooth and the donor didn't. To be honest it was quite easy to modify the dash loom, there were 3 wires added to x1, 2 canbus added to the dis, and 2 earths. The other wires were already in the main loom, I would presume that every astra has these wires in the main loom if the vans have them.

The parts weren't advertised anywhere, I had to do a lot of phoning around and everyone that I spoke to said that they keep the motor and control panel and throw the rest away, I was lucky enough to find a car that had just came in and i was it first to have anything from dash.

Fingers crossed there are no rattles yet.

Regards Mark

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 diesel
      Well I'm impressed. Quite like that for an upgrade - no harder than putting the V6 into my Mk2 Astra. I will keep my eyes open for a breaker.

Thanks for the write up.

Ian.

Vehicle
      N/A
      THANKS Mark i would like to look in to this for mine could you explain more on the loom please