Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra h cdti1.9 150

Astra h Speedo replacement

Hello i broke my speedo lcd ribbon and is now look to get a new set of clocks , can I just buy one with the same two letter code or if not a similar type and just fit it to my car? Or does it have to be the same Ident letters, mine is UQ but so far I find the xp ones alot, so just wanna no can I jus plug and play a used set on speedo

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Unfortunately no speedo swap is plug and play in the MK5 as it is part of the immobiliser.

Not all speedo support all the same things so is best to stick with the same code if you can, if not stick with the silver ringed SRi ones as they support pretty much most things.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra h cdti1.9 150
      Can I program any sri one yo my car with op com even if its not decoded from the previous car?

Vehicle
      Astra vxr Nurburgring Edition 267
      Quote Originally Posted by Linty View Post
      Can I program any sri one yo my car with op com even if its not decoded from the previous car?
      no, pecky is the only one with the equipment to that, it requires a chip desoldering, plugging into a computer, changing some settings, resolder the chip onto the speedo, fit into car, then tech2 it to the car.

Sorry to disappoint

Vehicle
      Astra h cdti1.9 150
      Ok , I was talking to a guy from gm spare innluton who runs a used part shop And he has divorced the speedo from the original car and he said all I need to do it fit the speedo to my car and programm it

Vehicle
      Astra h cdti1.9 150
      Do you know how I can get my true mileage from my car to out it into my new speedo

Vehicle
      Astra h cdti1.9 150
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	729

I just received a new ribbon ill try that

Vehicle
      Astra vxr Nurburgring Edition 267
      Quote Originally Posted by Linty View Post
      Do you know how I can get my true mileage from my car to out it into my new speedo
      Again, pecky is the only person who can do this, he has done mine and it takes a good half hour with various pieces of equipment

Vehicle
      ASTRAH SXI
      I had the same problem. All I did was buy new clocks off ebay for 45 quid, then took the ribbon and LCD screen off the new clocks v v carefully and used tape and some draft ecluder type stuff to push the ribbon back on to the bored. Has done 10k miles with no issues from vibration or anything

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      milage can be edited by posting dump by email or eeprom by post to right person (most will ask for eeprom from new dash and old too) have done my edited dump and 1 vectra (same ident clocks just swaped eeproms), swapping eeproms you dont need tech2 session as all settings is stored in eeprom but divorced clocks you will need tech2 session to programm them and eeprom editing aswell, its a guide how it is done, wont recomend to do it yourself leave it to someone with expierience
      dont forget no one will change milage to what you say but to milage what is stored in ecu unit in simpler words true milage it will be read by tech2
      will recommend you pecky aswell as i dont travel over uk and its a hobby for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast