Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Vehicle
    Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
    If it has any chance to get this record from the back, it would be too easy, yeah.

Okay I can try, but how can I calibrate them afterwards? At this stage some video or pics would be priceless!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      i normall hold them at an angle so they appear correct to you and line up.. and remember the angle so when you come to put them back you can test fit them and then hold them at that angle...

for the fuel and temp its normally just a little under the first mark..

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      The needle motors on the Astra H have stops on them at the correct point.

I normally loosely put it on the spindle too high and then turn anticlockwise whilst pushing down at the correct position. Turning anticlockwise keeps the spindle on 0 so as long as you push down in the right place, it will be set fine.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Okay, I have just removed them. I think I didn't break up something

Tomorrow I will try to get eeprom record in a .bin file and hopefully will finally be able to test if I can replace IPC.

Thank you all for your support this evening!

Regards,
      Nick

Vehicle
      Vectra
      be careful of LCD as well.... remove the bezel from the display so you can then free the LCD otherwise you'll be stuck with having the two halves of the speedo at 90 degree angles..

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Yes, LCD is tricky. I have first removed the black bezel, then carefully removed the big white base. Now I have PCB and LCD attached via ribbon cable. I believe this is final disassembly? I cannot remove LCD from the board?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...nhzb04zWjNFYmc

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      That is as far as you need to go, if you are not careful the LCD comes off the board then it is broken.

the m35080 sometimes will not read in circuit, so remove from the board or lift leg 2 and it will read.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      *** To live in Bulgaria (or story of a EEPROM chip) ***

Today I have spend almost all of my day walking around and visiting dirrefent electronic, audio and video and car workshops. And the conclusion is - I'm pissed off. I cannot explain to myself how it is possible in Sofia not to exist a person, who is proffesional enough in order to desolder, read and solder again a simple EEPROM chip, altough they have expensive advertisements and poster all around.

Today I heard a lot of lectures how this is not possible, how there is no point to do this, how it is impossible to get such info and I cannnot do what I wanted to. At one place they told me that this EEPROM is automotive and it is not popular (unkwnown for them) and they will keep speedo for ~30 days in order to make research what model is the EEPROM, how to read the records, on another place they have asked me what is BMW model, from which I took this speedo !? On third place they were requesting me that I have to fulfill a declaration, where if they break the speedo, they do not have to pay me anything....

I have no words! So so unprofessional approach. I don't know how those workshops are performing their activities and how they are still open...

Between 10th and 22nd of April I was on business trip to Bracknell, UK. I have visited a lot of companies and premises. Then in London. Everywhere, every person which I spoke to, was proffesional in his area. This is something which unfortunately I cannot see here in Bulgaria.

Now my only option is to travel again ~200 km to go to that person, who helped me with CID display. He is working in a small workshop in a village (I was born in a village as well) and he is much much better and more proffesional than all persons, which I spoke to today, taken in set.

But that's the life. Will post when I have some news.

Thanks again for you help!

Regars,
      Nick

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Sounds like must of the people and trades over there arent geared up for this sort of thing.. Whilst its taking you all this trouble just to get a chip desoldered its a much more common occurence over here... Timewise for vectra IPC/speedo I can strip it down, remove needles etc etc, have the bare pcb with me, flip down the display and remove the 8pin chip.. I replace the hot air gun in the holder and during the time it takes for it to reach from 250 degrees back to 100 the chip has been placed in the adapter, put into the programmer, eprom file read, saved.. (which is first thing i always do), then amended and wrote back all before the hot air gun reaches 100...

For a 10min job it looks like its going to take you 10days

Have you though about getting geared up to do it yourself over there, sounds like a niche in the market...?

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      You are completely right, soulman. It will take so much time and travelling plus half day annual leave on Monday...

To be honest and considering that last year I needed the same intervention I started to thing that it would be easier, faster and maybe cheaper to buy equipment and to do it myself.

I know a lot of people actually, who are facing similar problems with cd players, displays, CIM modules etc.

So you have mentioned hot air gun. I was thinking that soldering station is needed. And I know that quality ones are expensive. Then I need eeprom programmer and Pecky's decoder right?

And one more thing. Untill monday is there a way just to put this speedo in the car. I wont start engine. I want to put key in position 2 and will try to turn on Sport mode. Os this possibe? On the sticker on the IPC front it says NC ident. According that list it should support Sport mode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7u...h0dkEyVk0/view

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast