Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vehicle
    astra mk5 estate 1.9 cdti 150

steering angle sensor.

hi everybody, i have finished of my dual mass flywheel and clutch today and after driving away from my unit the traction control light has flashed up and also my AFL light sensors light on the dash is flashing. my self canceling indiators also do not work.

i put the car onto my mates snap on machine and it came up with steering angle sensor calibration although his machine will not sort it? anyone any idea on what could be wrong?

i know we connected the collum to the rack last and if i remember rightly the steering wheel did move so i dont know if this could be the problem. i hope there is a way to sort this as the lights on my dash are annoying the hell out of me.

thanks marc

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Yes the steering wheel has turned whilst the knuckle was disconnected. You best hope that you haven't turned the steering wheel too much since as it can rip the ribbon to pieces.

You need to take the steering wheel off, look at the CIM, in the middle there is a part which can rotate. Rotate it anti-clockwise until it is taught. Then around 2 1/2 turns clockwise should put it in the middle. There is a metal tab at the top that clicks it in place. After 2 1/2 turns approx when it clicks in place, pop the steering wheel on and it should clear the lights. That is if you haven't snapped the ribbon.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      ahh great. that would show the cheapest way isnt allways the best then. thanks for that info. for disconnecting the airbag is it just battery off for 5-10 mins then undo? i think all my steering wheel controls work. so think that it should be ok? i havent tried the horn but my radio ones work for sure. thanks alot for the answer though as ive just spent hours looking for that.

Vehicle
      just if it has snapped a ribbon i take it this would be an expensive dealer fix? ouch

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If your steering controls work, the ribbon is still OK, just avoid full lock.

I never bother disconnecting the battery for any other reason than to stop the horn going off as you wrestle the airbag off.

p.s a gearbox place did it to mine and ripped the ribbon clean out. Lucky for them I repaired it as a keyless entry CIM is very expensive and rare.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by caza View Post
      just if it has snapped a ribbon i take it this would be an expensive dealer fix? ouch
      Depends, if it snaps at the connector, it can be re-soldered ONCE if you are lucky, Mine was but it takes it to the limit of slack when at full lock
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      ahh lucky mine isnt a keyless entry model just incase. i will try that tomorrow with removing the steering wheel. thanks alot i will resort back tomorrow with the out come and hopefully it will be a good one.

Vehicle
      hi i took it anti clockwise and then clockwise it clicks into place every full rotation so on around 2 and a half rotations it seems to be right between a full rotation so no chance of it clocking into postion i did try 2 full rotations with no joy either so im going to try most positions that it clicks into but not turn the wheel would this be ok?

Vehicle
      just to add i now have my cancelling indicators and also my bluetooth is back up and working. could it just need reseting now? i havent been anywhere in the car maybe the traction control light would go out after i start driving? any ideas? many thanks

Vehicle
      Astra h cdti1.9 150
      Sorry for changing the topic but anyone knows wats speedos have capability with the ident uq one?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast