Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Vehicle
    vectra cdti
    Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
    havnt seen a guide but first thing in your case is to deactivate protection with cd30 than put in cd70 activate it with cd70 code than deactivate and activate again with your code
    Ok thanks am I able to read the codes in opcom or will I have to use tech2 which fortunately the garage I'm buying cd70 off has but will charge me for. So was kinda hoping to do it all in opcom I assume then that even though head units and displays are paired I can't just swap them over without divorcing
    Thanks in advance

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      If you are buying cd70 with paired screen than just swap them without codding they will work but if you want to swap only cd70 or display it needs to be coded to car.
      Coding can be done with opcom if you know the code of unit you are swaping and your cars. If garage dosnt know the code tech2 or opcom wont help they are not able to extract code from eeprom you will need programmer and soldering skills. If garage is selling a unit ask them to properly divorce it from car and than its easy to program it to your car even with opcom. I got spare cd70 for veccy tech2 divorced. If you will need a guide how to programm with opcom will try to make one but will post it only if pecky will allow it.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      If you will need a guide how to programm with opcom will try to make one but will post it only if pecky will allow it.
      Unfortunately not, I don't intend this site to include programming guides, nor a one stop shop for OPCOM users, seeing as I have paid the full whack and have the legitimate version.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7 CDiT
      I found problem with my swapping job.
      There is VIN in CID that belongs to previous owner.
      Dont know what to do now.
      Will try to put old staff and put one by one unit.
      Update.
      I understand more and more from my practise.
      It looks like CID remember the last owner car and even if I am changing some settings like it should be - it is not saved.
      I belive that's happening because opcom is using my car pass, thats why I need car pass from the car that CID comes from.
      Do I have right?
      Last edited by mazak; 2nd February 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      u can change some settings but as code is for security reason any mismatch in units will warm you like display safe radio safe etc

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7 CDiT
      Did any of you think that CID eeprom can be read with this tool:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-SPI-Flas...p2047675.l2557
      I own one like this but it is for flash bios chips - been searching on internet and tried with ponyprog and flash programming utility from silicon and no joy.
      Cannot connect with this tool.
      What do you think?
      update
      ponyprog doesnt support usb and as I can see no update from 2003 on the owner's www site.
      Last edited by mazak; 3rd February 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      just update cid wasnt divorced

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7 CDiT
      Thanks to domtorredo I just finished my upgrade with CID.
      It was not divorced as he said, so I put EEPROM with divorced dump.
      Did exactly as per your instructions.
      Make few changes in settings like set my VIN number in CID section etc. and it works great.
      Thank you very much domtorredo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3