Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Vehicle
    Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
    No it doesn't have the surround, The 2 line one fits fine, the screen takes up the bit filled with the buttons on yours. Only difference is it leaves a few mm gap between the screen and the surround. either live with that or get the correct surround for £10 from the dealer.

By set up, I mean set the code index, check control etc so the only programming is the security code which has to be with your radio. Everyhing else can be pre-done on my bench loom. OPCOM does ccause corruptions when setting check control for the bulb warnings, it is very patchy with displays, Tech2 picks up the errors, opcom doesn't.

Just swap them over and activate theft protection in the EHU, you need your security code for that. Opcom will be fine for that.
    Richard Peck
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.4 SXI 1.4
      Sorry for seeming rather stupid.. do i just get asked for the radio code when i swap over then? Or can i just give you the car code and the radio code?
      thanks

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Yes, you activate theft protection in the EHU and it asks for the code. If you don't understand that as a guide, then put the opcom away and find someone to do it for you.

I can't code the security for you as it is the headunit that does it all and it shares a bit of code between the two as well as the security code.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.4
      Hi. I have had exactly the same problem. Found the clutch switch wire behind the clocks. Fitted it. Checked the fuse box to see if the clutch switch wire was there but it wasn't. Can you give a detailed description of what I need and what I need to do. Bit of a novice but I manage. Also what is the X1 connector?
      Thanks

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by RobertB44 View Post
      Hi. I have had exactly the same problem. Found the clutch switch wire behind the clocks. Fitted it. Checked the fuse box to see if the clutch switch wire was there but it wasn't. Can you give a detailed description of what I need and what I need to do. Bit of a novice but I manage. Also what is the X1 connector?
      Thanks
      X1 is the connector which is behind the trim panel in the passenger footwell.

A single wire needs to be run from the missing pin at the UEC (Fusebox) to this connector and spliced onto the Grey wire.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.4
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      X1 is the connector which is behind the trim panel in the passenger footwell.

A single wire needs to be run from the missing pin at the UEC (Fusebox) to this connector and spliced onto the Grey wire.
      Rite so is that the grey wire in the pic that runs out the bottom of the connector? Simply splice onto this with any kind of wire ran from the UEC?

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      I'll keep it short, but I have a 1.6 Twinport and have in the past thought of trying to fit cruise to it. After a couple of times I gave it up as a bad job. After reading on this forum, I bit the bullet and decided to go for it, and may I say I am glad I did. As I only had the 1.6 twinport, I actually had none of the wiring at at all. So I just pushed a wire through in the UEC where the pin should be, and ran that straight across to the clutch pedal along with a wiring scotch-locked into a nice thick switched live wire in the passenger footwell. I used a small plugged out of a computer case and connected it to the wires and plugged onto my previously fitted clutch switch. Next step would be fitting my cruise stalk, but I have had that fitted for some time, due to it looking good. So I got out my, dare I say, opcom and programmed it in all the relevant places, and away I went. It all worked perfect, so thanks to everyone on here who have set me in the right direction, and all you's out there with a 1.6 twinport, does loose heart, it can be done, and pretty simple.

Vehicle
      astra h2004
      Is anybody on here that can carry out this work fitting cruise control on1.6 2004 Vauxhall Astra twinport thankS

Vehicle
      astra h2004
      Sorry in the warrington area

Vehicle
      Astra sxi
      Thanks to all about the info provided,Like hscud i was about to just call it a day until i read his post above,
      In my fusebox where the wire for the cruise control goes i had a light coloured rubber stopper i had to push it out with a small allen key,( the one you use to remove the indicator stalk ) after that it was straight forward. Small tip about the clutch swith i think it only goes in one way,( connector i think was facing towards the clutch pedal, only took me a couple of minutes to fit the switch, if you don't have the plug connector or any other kind of connector to fit over the switch pins, you could just slide the switch pins straight through the middle of the cable your using and hot glue it in place,( that's the way i tested the cruise control before i finally put it all in place).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4