Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra H 1.6 Twinport

Question Astra H 05 1.6 TwinPort Cruise Control Wiring

Hi Pecky/All

I have been following threads here there and everywhere on this, Wondered if you can help me.
    So I have purchased the Clutch switch & Stalk for my car, Fitted the stalk and went to fit clutch switch but No Wiring behind the Clocks...

I've checked out the connections at the X1 in the passenger footwell, confirmed that there is a grey cable connected in male pin 38 as stated in our pin out diag.
    From what I can see the male is the Link to the UEC? Female being connections up into the dash (This doesn't have a connection with gray cable ETC...
    So I wanted to confirm that this goes right back to the ECU, I followed a post by stampede who wrote that pin 27 of the bottom right loom will be the clutch switch... There is a cable connected here.

Anyway I'll get to the point, I'd appreciate input from anyone who can help...
    I'm wondering If I should be OK to wire up the clutch switch to the X1 Passenger connector in the foot well? Would be great to be able to tap in here rather than bastardizing the loom to much...

Thanks in advance.

Lewis
    Last edited by Lewis Greco; 9th January 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Poor spelling

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi Lewis,

Fairly straight forward to wire up the switch. As you have the grey wire in X1 you need to run a wire from that, which you could cut/splice onto, to the clutch switch. The other wire on the clutch switch goes to any switched live at X1 (Black cables). It doesn't seem to work very well with the switched live by the accessory socket, so i tap on at the thickest black wire at X1.

It only sends a voltage to the UEC when pressed, so no load at all to speak of.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Thanks for the speedy response!

Great news, I went in to Halfords today looking to get some wire and crimps etc, didn't have anything that looks suitable. I guess it would b fine to introduce this new cable into the molded plug with the Correct Crimps?

Could you confirm which pin for the switched live?

Finally for the connection to the switch you I hear PC motherboard plug, does this refer to the 3 pin header from the PC speaker? i.e whats connecting to the Motherboard...

cheers again

L

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Sorry to bombard you, just saw this pic below.

The grey cable I relate to in port 27 marked on attached Pic, is this correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	looms.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	697

Thanks

Lou

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No, the grey wire going to male pin 38 in X1 goes to the pin marked Clutch switch. As that is there, you have no need to go anywhere near the UEC. There is no point as you have access to the other end of the cable at X1.

You will not find the terminals in any shop on the high street, particularly Halfords. Took me ages to find them all, but this is the female one which can clip into that connector http://diagnostics.org.uk/shop/loom-...l-contact.html

The switched live wire is spliced onto another wire from the factory, you have no option but do the same as there is not a spare ignition live in X1 you can just pop a connector in.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      No, the grey wire going to male pin 38 in X1 goes to the pin marked Clutch switch. As that is there, you have no need to go anywhere near the UEC. There is no point as you have access to the other end of the cable at X1.

You will not find the terminals in any shop on the high street, particularly Halfords. Took me ages to find them all, but this is the female one which can clip into that connector http://diagnostics.org.uk/shop/loom-...l-contact.html

The switched live wire is spliced onto another wire from the factory, you have no option but do the same as there is not a spare ignition live in X1 you can just pop a connector in.
      Ahh I see, I didn't check the pin marked Clutch swtich foolishly. Just wanted to check that in your experience if the pin 38 cable is there this runs back to UEC.

Yeah I agree, Alfords is too mainstream went in there looking for wire... I used to make computer components for industrial computers and was using these crimps all day long, was gonna look for them in RS cpc farnell type of places. I'll just grab one from you though.

Yeah I guess soldered would be the best option maybe I'll do this then, otherwise scotchlock will do I guess...

Cheers

L

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Scotchlock is fine as all it does is put 12v at the pin in the UEC. No load is taken as it is just a signal, so no issues using them.

It's fairly straight forward as you have that bit of wire already fitted.

Stampede's guide which you may have read is for when there is no wiring or the UEC to X1 in missing, so the opposite to yours really.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Scotchlock is fine as all it does is put 12v at the pin in the UEC. No load is taken as it is just a signal, so no issues using them.

It's fairly straight forward as you have that bit of wire already fitted.

Stampede's guide which you may have read is for when there is no wiring or the UEC to X1 in missing, so the opposite to yours really.
      Cool, Well i'll order the crimp pin from your good self then to save faffing around trying to find the right ones.

Thanks for your help/guidance

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Hello again,

Its been a while, work commitments and snow! Lovely, no doubt you were hit with it alot worse up there mind....
      Anyway thought I'd come back for your thoughts on this one!
      So I had a friend (Auto Electrician who owes me a favour) put a crimp on some wire etc, using 0.5 thinwall and connected up to pin 38 of the X1, I crimped a PC header on the other end and connected to the switch.

On the other leg I connected up 0.5mm thinwall to switched live from Ciggy Illuminating live, also tried live from ciggy lighter & tried live to stereo...

So connected up and checked the status of clutch switch, on all three lives shows as inactive.

Started at the switch on all three feeds, multmeter shows 14v OK,
      checked continuity from switch to X1 OK
      checked X1 to UEC pin as advised OK

Bit stuck with it now, from what I've read this should get me where I want to be. my only thoughts are the cable but i cant see why...

can anyone help?

I'm near to writing off the whole thing and consider it an education!

Cheers

Lewis

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Greco View Post
      Hello again,

Its been a while, work commitments and snow! Lovely, no doubt you were hit with it alot worse up there mind....
      Anyway thought I'd come back for your thoughts on this one!
      So I had a friend (Auto Electrician who owes me a favour) put a crimp on some wire etc, using 0.5 thinwall and connected up to pin 38 of the X1, I crimped a PC header on the other end and connected to the switch.

On the other leg I connected up 0.5mm thinwall to switched live from Ciggy Illuminating live, also tried live from ciggy lighter & tried live to stereo...

So connected up and checked the status of clutch switch, on all three lives shows as inactive.

Started at the switch on all three feeds, multmeter shows 14v OK,
      checked continuity from switch to X1 OK
      checked X1 to UEC pin as advised OK

Bit stuck with it now, from what I've read this should get me where I want to be. my only thoughts are the cable but i cant see why...

can anyone help?

I'm near to writing off the whole thing and consider it an education!

Cheers

Lewis
      Anybody with ideas?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast