Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by sllimDbaz View Post
      Hi, i've been reading this with interest and wonder if those in the know could help..

My 2006 Astra Sxi (1.4)... i've fitted the clutch switch & stalk, connected the cable (from behind speedo), programmed with Opcom and it didn't work..

Now i 'guessed' the wire was missing to the X1 connector - but i could get the footwell panel off so with the glovebox removed I seperated some wires from the loom that goes through the bulkhead under the bonnet and found a plain Grey Wire.
      I tapped this wire to the clutch switch wire but it still isn't working and opcom isn't changing the status when i press the clutch pedal.

Have i got the correct wire? The car hasn't blown up and still works fine so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If anyone car confirm that i have the correct wire, i'll check the other clutch switch wire to see if there's 12v there... just don't want to break anything. I like my car

Any guidance appreciated
      If you had the wiring behind the clocks, then you are missing the wire from the fusebox to the X1 connector which passes through the bulkhead, If that is the case the wire you found most definately isn't the clutch switch wire as it would be missing.

Take the top off the fusebox and see if there is a pin or not in the clutch switch position that will confirm wiring present or not. If it is, then it's the opcom that's the problem

Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6 Twinport
      Anybody?.... Please?..... i'm struggling here guys
      Hi Mate,

If you have confirmed as Pecky suggests...
      I.E you have continuity from the X1 to the UEC

Once everything is wired in if your still not getting Clutch switch active/Inactive. The problem I had was that when programming with "Opcom" (notice the speechmarks)
      I was trying to enable CC under engine programming with the motor running which failed to program, once done with Ignition on and this solved it for me....

How ever I didn't have the plug behind the clocks so different overall scenario... At first I thought I was worse of but now I'm thinking its easier...

good luck

L

Vehicle
      Astra 1.4 SXI 1.4
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      If you had the wiring behind the clocks, then you are missing the wire from the fusebox to the X1 connector which passes through the bulkhead, If that is the case the wire you found most definately isn't the clutch switch wire as it would be missing.

Take the top off the fusebox and see if there is a pin or not in the clutch switch position that will confirm wiring present or not. If it is, then it's the opcom that's the problem

Hi, thanks for that, i'll check tomorrow as i've been at work all day. Yes i had the plug behind the clocks, just presumed that because i'd found a single grey wire within the loom that goes through the bulkhead, that it would surely have to be the cruise wire as i can't find any way of getting the trim off the passenger kick panel.

The diagram's useful.. do i have to disconnect the battery before removing the top off the UEC (i presume that's the uec is it?).

I'm slightly worried about what i've actually connected to the clutch switch now.. that grey wire could have been for something else? Eek.. luckily the cars working fine..

Can i ask.. should i be checking for voltage at the other wire on the clutch switch? I thought i'd read that it should have continuous 12v when the ignitions on... can you clarify please? I can check this tomorrow also if so.

Hi Mate,

If you have confirmed as Pecky suggests...
      I.E you have continuity from the X1 to the UEC

Once everything is wired in if your still not getting Clutch switch active/Inactive. The problem I had was that when programming with "Opcom" (notice the speechmarks)
      I was trying to enable CC under engine programming with the motor running which failed to program, once done with Ignition on and this solved it for me....

How ever I didn't have the plug behind the clocks so different overall scenario... At first I thought I was worse of but now I'm thinking its easier...
      Ah, i can check that as well... i'm hoping as Pecky suggested that if i've got the pin under the UEC box then i've probably tapped the correct wire and can test it.

A few people seem rather unhappy at Opcom.. i love it.. but i'm new at this and it's just a (dangerous) toy. I wasn't running the engine when i set it.. just had the ignition on. I'd love to be able to slightly weaken the fuel mixture though to get more mpg's but thats for another topic and another day )

I'll check the Engine programming part tomorrow but would you mind confirming the screens on the opcom that you're referring to (in case i missed one).

Thanks again guys.. really appreciate your time on this... Oh, i noticed that the cruise warning light doesn't like when i turn the ignition on either so somethings wrong...

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Yes that is the fusebox and yes disconnect the battery, there are 3 star Torx screws and a 10mm nut under the top cover.

If you have the wires behind the clocks and you have the pin, then there is no tapping on to anything needed, so remove what you have done if that is the case.

Yes it is a 12v ignition live you can test for.

Thanks again guys.. really appreciate your time on this... Oh, i noticed that the cruise warning light doesn't like when i turn the ignition on either so somethings wrong...
      The cruise light shouldn't show at all unless cruise is active, so not at startup or any other time, so not sure what you are expecting.

There will also be no programming guides posted on this site, i will not be responsible for opcom users screwing up their car. It is upto the individual if they use it, but I in no way support the use of pirate OPCOM.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra 1.4 SXI 1.4
      Ah thanks... no probs about Opcom I'll sort it.

Just had a look... that Fusebox cover is a sod to take off.. i hope i haven't broke it... it was stubborn.

Boo.. the link is missing as in your picture.. i'm currently struggling to work out how to get underneath it to place a wire there for the pin to connect to.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It is stubborn, don't worry about that too much.

If you don't have the pin in there, then the grey wire you found through the bulkhead into the engine bay definately isn't for the clutch switch so disconnect what you added.

To get that connector out, put a flat screwdriver down either side of the connector and it pops out so you can get to the underside, you then need the wire with the correct terminal on to put in and connect up to the clutch wire

It sounds like this is the problem not the programming anyway.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra 1.4 SXI 1.4
      Success...!!!!

I disconnected the wire i'd put in, managed to remove the fuse block and bared the wire without wrapping it up. Pushed it carefully into the hole and hot glued it in. I figured the pin would push itself inbetween the strands which it did.. The hardest part was to get a hole in that bulkhead bung and get the wire through it.

After that i connected that wire upto the end of the one i'd wrongly wired and taped it up.

Typically i was gonna check the clutch switch with my Laptop but then windows locked up and start updates so i decided to just try and drive it. The engine was a bit lumpy at first tbh.

Pressed the button and on came the green Cruise light and happy days!!!

Many thanks...

Ps... off topic i know Pecky... but are you the guy that can supply the proper board computer and fit it? If so, what's the price just to supply it? Oh, and can Opcom activate it?

Thanks Again

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Glad you got there.

Ps... off topic i know Pecky... but are you the guy that can supply the proper board computer and fit it? If so, what's the price just to supply it? Oh, and can Opcom activate it?
      I assume you mean you need the 3 line display wich has the trip computer, do you have the one with the 2 buttons at the moment?

If this is what you want then you need this http://diagnostics.org.uk/shop/vauxh...d-display.html I can set the trip computer up and leave it to activate theft protection, which you could do.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra 1.4 SXI 1.4
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Glad you got there.

I assume you mean you need the 3 line display wich has the trip computer, do you have the one with the 2 buttons at the moment?

If this is what you want then you need this http://diagnostics.org.uk/shop/vauxh...d-display.html I can set the trip computer up and leave it to activate theft protection, which you could do.
      Thanks, yes i have the boring 2 line one. Does yours come with the surround as well because i'm guessing the larger screen will need the suitable surround.

Can i ask what you mean by you setting it up? I thought i'd have to activate it in the car with Opcom (i trust it can do that?). So will it just work by swapping them over?

Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast