Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DVD100 Navi

Vehicle
    Astra H Caravan Essentia+ Z14XEP

DVD100 Navi

Hi Pecky,

I've purchased a second-hand DVD100 Navi headunit from e-bay.
    The seller said it was originally sourced from an Antara, then retrofitted to his Zafira B and was properly unmarried before being removed and shipped to me.

Today I fitted this HU to my Astra H: it works fine with "Display safe" message blinking and radio beeps.
    The Op-Com recognizes the headunit (type, serial number, etc.), but the anti-theft protection cannot be activated. Op-Com says programming was successful, but the "Display safe" alert and beeps don't disappear. The status of the headunit is: "Delivery mode" or like.
    When I try to set the code / audio index of the HU, the Op-Com does not list any options.

I understand this HU has never been factory fitted to Astra H/Zafira B, but hope it can be retrofitted without major problems as was done by the previous owner.
    Do you think a Tech 2 session at the local dealer may be successful?
    Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Gábor

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Problem solved, topic can be closed : ).
      The problem was that for some reason "UHP" module was enabled, due to which the programming failed with "Unknown DTC" message.
      (I have no UHP installed in the car).
      After disabling UHP, programming was successful, though code and audio index cannot be set (Op-com does not list any options for this).
      I'd like to change the code index in the future, because the HU has AUX-IN pins, and I'd like to enable this function, but it's really not essential yet.

Now, I have one more issue to resolve: this headunit does require a "vehicle speed signal" for the operation of the SatNav software.
      Without this signal the HU thinks that the car is standing in the previously stored position (even though there is good GPS reception).
      It's a bit crazy, because any Navi can determine the accurate position with at least 3 visible satellites, but that's it.

According to Op-com diagnostics, my car has an MK70 ABS unit, and I googled that this module outputs the required speed signal on pin 17.
      I need to tap off this signal and connect it to pin 37 of the headunit and hope (fingers crossed) that the Navi will then work.

Should anyone come across similar problems with a DVD100 headunit, just PM me, and I try to help!

Happy New Year!

Best regards,
      Gábor

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Thanks for the update, Yes the speed signal from the ABS pump should work fine.

Happy New Year to you
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Opel zafira B
      Hi , Gábor . Before week I fit in my Zafira B DVD 90 /originally was with cd30 MP3/ - Thanks once again to Pecky for his big help .The unit works good /now i have some small trouble with antenna but will be fixed when i Have more free time/. After reading your post especially for VSS, today I test in my car with CID/NAVI hidden menu . I look that I have NO VSS too , In all my trip today the signal is 0 Km/h but the NAVI is working ....... I don't know how is in DVD 100 but cd 70 and dvd 90 working without this signal /tested in my car/. I have UHP module and his loom is between radio and original radio conector . I hope that only wire missing on pin 37 (VSS) on the UHP loom and will try to check and fix this in new year If originally not have VS signal as you said will try to get signal from ABS pump (pin 17) .

Best Regards & Happy New Year

p.s look this /navi screen and descriptions/: http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/...es-it-all-mean

Vehicle
      Hi Storn1st,

Thanks for your infos.
      I also discovered that my former CD70 Navi headunit worked fine without VSS. Too bad, this head-unit went wrong, that's why I sourced a DVD100 off from an Antara.
      But for some tricky reason, the navi feature of DVD100 works only when the unit receives proper VSS from the ABS pump.
      I have a slightly different hidden menu from what you linked.
      In my menu there's a "GPS position" (based on the actual GPS signals / it shows my position accurately) and a "Map position".
      If no VSS is plugged in the headunit, the "Map position" stucks in the last position where the unit received VSS - as was in my case.
      I guess the GPS and Map position should be the same when VSS is plugged in.
      Still had no time to do this wiring (battery has to be removed, etc.), but hope I'll be able to make it soon.
      I will let the forum know about the results .

Kind regs,
      Gábor

Vehicle
      Hi all,

Yesterday, I tapped off the speed signal from the ABS unit (pin 17), and connected the wire to pin 37 of the radio connector, as described above.
      And it works!

Yet one more question to Pecky: do you have the code index table for DVD100 Navi (Antara)?

I have aux in pinned at the back of the headunit, but the AUX IN function is not programmed (AUX does not come up when I press the AUDIO button).

Any help would be much appreciated.
      Best regards,
      Gábor

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by hg001 View Post

I have aux in pinned at the back of the headunit, but the AUX IN function is not programmed (AUX does not come up when I press the AUDIO button).

Gábor
      I've googled that code index should be set to 061 to enable AUX IN.
      Hope that'll work.

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by hg001 View Post
      I've googled that code index should be set to 061 to enable AUX IN.
      Hope that'll work.
      Okay, last update on this topic .

I did a Tech2 session yesterday at the local Opel dealer.
      The code index did not need to be changed. After entering EHU programming, the Tech2 immediately asked whether the headunit is with or without AUX-IN.
      Setting it to "with AUX", the AUX option appeared in the Audio menu.

Good luck to others having the same issue! (Make sure you use a Tech2 that has the latest software version uploaded!)

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6
      Hi, ive bought a dvd100 for my astra. Its married and all working well except the gps. The pointer never moves. I bought this headunit in germany, and the point in the map is somewhere in germany and doesnt recognize the actual location. Anyone knows how to solve this?

I have a gps antenna and its working well. At least with cd70 works well

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6
      installed today the VSS cable from abs pump, and now the GPS fully works. if anyone needs help just say

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast