Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Vehicle
    Vauxhall Zafira VXR 2006

Another TPMS thread

Hi All

I am very likely getting a CID for my zaffy,

I am looking at adding TPMS NOT DDS or what ever its called.

I have ABS pump type AS which I don't think matters at all for TPMS can this be confirmed (Pecky), I say this as I done a search for my part number on google it it was found in someones full op-com log and in that log it also had TPMS fitted.

Now, for me to fit TPMS I am assuming I would need a TPMS module? not a simple 3 wire box as it would need to be connected to the CAN bus?

Thanks

James

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      James

The ABS pump is critical for TPMS to work. Your's will not as yours only supports
      UNIT, HYDRAULIC, ABS, WITH CONTROL UNIT (IDENT AS) (FOR ENHANCED ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM) (EXCEPT HILL-START ASSISTANT) (EXCEPT LOW TYRE PRESSURE INDICATOR)
      You cannot program TPMS to a car that doesn't have DDS. so you need the module, valves and ABS pump.

I've just sold my kit, but this is what you want

The module connects into the low speed canbus.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Zafira VXR 2006
      Hi Richard,

As usual I really appreciate your reply, however this is what I got from a bit of googling, I have the same part number 13234911 on mine and as you can see he is running TPMS ?

Doing a further google search on 13234911 only lists ABS units with ident AS.

I was sure DDS, relied on a certain ABS pump as it monitors the rotation of the wheel, where as TPMS, works purely on sending a pressure via valve sensors to the control module via RF?

Please if I am still wrong tell me!

**********************ECU ID STARTS**********************
      Source Address: ABS/TC/ESP
      Source Address: 0x00000243
      Identifier: 0x0498
      VIN: W0L0AHM7562140535
      Hardware number:16059000
      Part Number:13234911
      Software version number: D6_RAA00071
      System name: ESP MK60
      System description: TEVES0300
      Alpha code:
      Manufacturing date: 00000000

Number of stored fault codes: 1

U2143 - CAN-Bus No Communication with SAS (Steering Angle Sensor)
      (00) - Not present

**********************ECU ID ENDS**********************

**********************ECU ID STARTS**********************
      Source Address: TPMS
      Source Address: 0x0000024F
      Identifier: 0x0102
      Part Number:13129153
      Software version number: AD 05
      System name: TPMS_GEN03
      Alpha code: CJ
      Manufacturing date: 20030108

No fault codes stored.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      DDS does rely on a certain ABS pump and yes it does use the wheel rotation speed to detect a puncture.

TPMS is just RF based exactly as you say.

The problem is, the sensors will not learn to the car or display if you cannot reset the DDS system as it uses the ABS pump as part of the self learing to detect which wheel is which. If it cannot do this then it will not program.

Read this and look at the programming steps http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...2-TPMS-and-DDS both start with reset the DDS by holding the button for 4 seconds.

You can search all you want, you will not get TPMS working on your car without a new ABS pump.

Spend the money and give it a try, you seem to have convinced yourself it is possible based upon an opcom report off the internet
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Zafira VXR 2006
      I think I understand what your saying, I didn't realise the system didn't know which sensor was which.

I was convinced that it would work based on what that op-com report was showing. just didn't seem right that his car has TPMS and the same part number ABS pump.

Well, the MK6 unit fitted is the same as the one om my old touran that suffered with the internal pressure sensor fault so I will wait for this one to play up before swapping it out, then I will go for the BN version?

How much is a complete kit like the one you sold? are you likely to get another kit together?

Thanks again.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      The thing is, you can fit the module and sensors. You can even see the tyre pressures in opcom/tech2. The issue is it will not display on the screen untill DDS is reset.

Is the context of the opcom report, that the guy has fitted all that and can diagnose it, however it isn't working? which it wouldn't due to the info above.

The sensors are around £60 each from VX, although they can be found online for around £40 each.
      Module is around £100 I think
      ABS pump is £1200

You just have to keep an eye out, which is what I did. My kit was removed from my car before I sold it.

I sold it for £210 and it is unlikely I will be looking for any of it again as I don't have a MK5 anymore.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      The thing is, you can fit the module and sensors. You can even see the tyre pressures in opcom/tech2. The issue is it will not display on the screen untill DDS is reset.

Is the context of the opcom report, that the guy has fitted all that and can diagnose it, however it isn't working? which it wouldn't due to the info above.

The sensors are around £60 each from VX, although they can be found online for around £40 each.
      Module is around £100 I think
      ABS pump is £1200

You just have to keep an eye out, which is what I did. My kit was removed from my car before I sold it.

I sold it for £210 and it is unlikely I will be looking for any of it again as I don't have a MK5 anymore.
      Just out of interest.

If he has an AS pump and will need a XX pump, is the ABS pump pin compatible with his loom.

Will it just be a matter of taking the old pump out, put the "new" pump in and do some tech magic with no need to do modification to either the mountings and/or the loom ?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Thus far the wiring has been compatible and can be swapped.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Great info

So my ABS pump model BJ could just be taken out, a BN put in, pipes connected, brake system bled and ABS-pump wise i would be ready for DDS and be on my way to the TPMS. (Yes, i know i need a DDS button also )

Vehicle
      Zafira b 1.8
      Hi,
      to jump in with a question..does abs pump need car pass code to be programmed? I have bought used one, and have vin of donor car, but don't have code (hope to avoid stealership). I'm in the progress or retrofitting tpms on my '06 zafira (beside AFL, PDC and bunch of stuff actually), yesterday installed sensors in a tyres, now I need to get abs pump changed and module connected. Is it maybe possible to swap just electronic of abs pump without changing whole unit?
      Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast