Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra MK 5 1.4

Cruise Control help

I've fitted the stalk and I've bought a clutch switch. I don't have the wire anywhere for the clutch switch so I'm going from the UEC. The switched live I'm ok with, I'm going to take from the heater controls as I know this works because my headunit is going to it.

But I don't know where the other pin on the clutch switch is to go to on the uec. I've seen a couple of people saying different things. I've checked under the UEC and from what I've read pin 15 on x2 and pin 38 on x1 are something to do with it, but both of them pins on my uec are blank. I've also read about connecting in to pin 27 on x1, I have a grey wire coming from this pin. So where do I connect in to on the uec?

And does it matter which pin on clutch switch goes to live and uec?

EDIT: Ive looked at this diagram and it confused me more, lol sorry
    http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...H-X1-Connector

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      From factory the clutch switch wire goes from the UEC here

to X1 pin 38

To Clutch switch.

It goes through X1 as that is the connector that links the dash loom to the body loom.

If you have no wire at all, go from UEC to clutch switch and clutch switch to ignition live.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra MK 5 1.4
      Just to make sure im right. I go from one of the pins on the clutch switch to pin 38 on x1, then the other pin on the clutch switch goes to a switched live?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No, if you are retrofitting all the wiring ignore x1 connector and run wire straight to UEC.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra MK 5 1.4
      thats where im lost, where on the uec? possible to get a pic?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      can you not see the pic on my second post?
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra MK 5 1.4
      sorry, yes i can. I realise where I've gone wrong here, confusing xE1 and x1 to be the same thing.

So from your pic, If I push out the bung labeled clutch switch, say with a paper clip, insert a pin with wire attached and connect to clutch switch. then connect other pin on clutch switch to switched live then all i need is tech2 correct?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by popsi View Post
      So from your pic, If I push out the bung labeled clutch switch, say with a paper clip, insert a pin with wire attached and connect to clutch switch. then connect other pin on clutch switch to switched live then all i need is tech2 correct?
      All correct.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra MK 5 1.4
      thanks a million pecky, your a great guy. you should nearly be charging for this advice lol. I'll be back to buy from the shop on your site anyway.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I'm always happy to help, not everyone can get to me, so try to help where I can.

As long as I can fund the server costs by the shop and the people who come to me for works, then I'm happy enough.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast