Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: GID decoding

Vehicle
    Astra gsi, Corsa B gsi, Corsa a zlet

Help

Hello all. I recently purchased a ncdr with cid for my Astra Gsi. Once I plug it in it comes up radio safe or display safe.
    I’ve read I need the eeprom from the screen, but when it comes to electronics it’s not my strongest subject.
    Can any one help me?
    What route do I need to go down to get these to pair?
    Cheers all

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      Does the "Radio safe" and "Display safe" disappear after a few seconds and is the radio/display functional when none of the messages is displayed? This would suggest that both units are in "Delivery state" and can be programmed by Tech2 to a new vehicle / code without reading any EEPROMs

Vehicle
      Alright mate. Thanks for the quick reply. I’m just down the garage now and when radio safe is on, the screen doesn’t change, no sound or anything. I can flick through the BC menu with the ncdr abs steering wheel function buttons. CDC play played cd’s but has an intermittent beep every 6 seconds.
      Also code light is flashing on head unit

Vehicle
      Sorry, that was meant to say CDC (cd changer) plays cds but has an intermittent beep every 6 seconds

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      Quote Originally Posted by Andywillis View Post
      Sorry, that was meant to say CDC (cd changer) plays cds but has an intermittent beep every 6 seconds
      As far as i know when both devices are in delivery state, you should be able to also listen to radio and CD in the upper drive with the same intermittent beep. At least the Display is definitively in delivery state as it would otherwise completely lock after the first "Display safe". As for the head unit you can find out the divorced state using the Tech2 diagnostics tool. But all in all you might very well be able to marry the devices using your new code right away.

Good luck!

Vehicle
      Ahh so it should work if I get it on the tech2?
      What nee code? How would I go about getting that?
      Thanks

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      When the devices are indeed in delivery state you can use any 4 digit code to marry them, e.g. the one from your car. With the Tech2 go to Nav Unit -> Program and activate theft protection using your code, after doing so all devices should be married to each other.

Vehicle
      Corsa D 2014
      I have a TID display and want to change to a GID. I have the security code for my radio and TID and I have the security code for the GID. The GID is not divorced. What is the right procedure wo marry the GID with my radio?

I have opcom on hand.

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      Quote Originally Posted by SturmGhost View Post
      I have a TID display and want to change to a GID. I have the security code for my radio and TID and I have the security code for the GID. The GID is not divorced. What is the right procedure wo marry the GID with my radio?

I have opcom on hand.
      Divorce your radio and TID with your cars security code, then marry the old radio to the new display using the new displays code. If you want to keep your cars security code you can then divorce the GID and radio with the new code and marry them again with your cars code.

Vehicle
      Corsa D 2014
      Quote Originally Posted by gruni View Post
      Divorce your radio and TID with your cars security code, then marry the old radio to the new display using the new displays code. If you want to keep your cars security code you can then divorce the GID and radio with the new code and marry them again with your cars code.
      Thank you. But I got it working before reading your post.

So here is what you have to to in detail (OP-COM):

1. Check if existing married radio and Display do not have any security wait time
      2. Go to the EHU programming tab in OP-Com and deactivate the anti theft protection with the security code from the car (you do not need to deactivate the anti theft protection for the display in the programming tab for the display. I tried it in the first place and this triggglers the security wait time...). Now the display should show display safe and radio safe. Also a beeping sound appears.
      3. Swap the displays
      4. Check variant and mid bus configuration. It has to be the same as it was with the old display (take Fotos from the old display config). If possible program the VIN into the display
      5. Activate anti theft protection in the EHU programming tab in OP-Com and use the security code for the new display.

That's it. Should work now. If you want to use the same security code for your car and radio/display you have to repeat the deactivate/activate anti theft protection step. Deactivate with the display security code, activate with your cars security code.

Maybe this helps someone.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast