Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Corsa D

Corsa D TID / Touch and Connect / BC

Hello,

Please see if you can cast some light into this Pecky please.

When you buy a Corsa with Touch and Connect (at least here) it comes along with a TID (i think).

It's not possible to have factory fitted a GID with this headunit, but can i fit a GID and activate the BC? Is it possible to do and what is involved?

I have seen pictures in the web where a touch and connect is fitted with a GID, however, i don't know how do you swipe along the tabs (because you don't have the Settings and BC buttons in touch and connect i think) or even what information is shown.

Thank you,
    Best regards

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Sorry but I really can't assist, I've never actually seen a touch and connect radio, so have no idea what it can fitted with.

This is a big assumption, you would scroll through the tabs with the left steering control, and I would think it is more than possible to fit a GID, I assume it pairs in the same way as other radios.

Without seeing one in person, I can only guess.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Corsa D
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Sorry but I really can't assist, I've never actually seen a touch and connect radio, so have no idea what it can fitted with.

This is a big assumption, you would scroll through the tabs with the left steering control, and I would think it is more than possible to fit a GID, I assume it pairs in the same way as other radios.

Without seeing one in person, I can only guess.

I understand. No problem.

Thank you for your assistance anyway.

Regards

Vehicle
      Corsa Color edition 1.3 z13dtj
      touch and connect is working with my car..there is no problem..i retrofitted..you can work it with gid screen
      just you will select " no radio"

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7
      Quote Originally Posted by corsaedt View Post
      touch and connect is working with my car..there is no problem..i retrofitted..you can work it with gid screen
      just you will select " no radio"
      Hi, if I select no radio with op-com will it add tabs to my GID, because now it don't have them!

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7
      Can anyone help me?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If programmed with No radio, yes it does give you the tabs, it gives the settings and trip computer tabs.

No idea if opcom will do it correctly or not, it isn't very good when it comes to GIDs. Tech2 does it fine.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      If programmed with No radio, yes it does give you the tabs, it gives the settings and trip computer tabs.

No idea if opcom will do it correctly or not, it isn't very good when it comes to GIDs. Tech2 does it fine.
      Pretty sure OPCom won't do it, unless you are using a legal up to date version, or Vauxcom.

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.7
      Thanks guys, in that case I´ll go to my local dealer. Can you tell me if i'll still be able to control the radio from the steering wheel?

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by nbejinha View Post
      Thanks guys, in that case I´ll go to my local dealer. Can you tell me if i'll still be able to control the radio from the steering wheel?
      If it is a genuine Opel/Vauxhall Touch & Connect, then it should work with your steering wheel controls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast