Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Mokka

Astra & Zafira HOW TO: change discs and pads

This is my first write up so here we go. Please excuse the spelling.

I had my car serviced last week at T Wall, and they said i needed new discs and pads. So i had a go my self and it really is easy, well sort of.

First things first you need to get them wheels off or do one side at a time.

Once you got the wheel off I found it is best to unclip this as it makes it a bit more easier.

From the rear of the caliper you will need to undo these two bolts. (But before you do that i would prise the pads open slightly, it makes it easyer to get the caliper off if you got a lip on the disc). Mine were a right pig todo they were both tight from start to finish. I would recomend a big bar for more leverage.

Ah the reason they were so tight they put lock tight on them, makes sense i surpose. Get mister wire brush on it.

Now with them calipers off undo the brake fluid lid, and put a rag around it just incase of overflow when prising calipers open.

With the calipers now off if you are changeing the disc you will need to turn the disc so this little screw is at the top. But i would remove the discs anyway.

If you have removed the discs i found it best if you are doing this by your self to reattach the calipers with the discs off. With the calipers reattached prise open them old pads.

With the pads open take of this clip, then knock it out. Mine was a bit stiff so i used some gentle persuation

Now prise out the other pad

Now take off the caliper again and put the new pads in. Put the one that gose into the piston on first, i put a bit of copper grease over the back of the pad at each corner. Then put
    the other in but dont for get to peel off the backing if there is one. (i did lol)

Now reattach the caliper. Now you need to put the clip back on i suggest put the bottom in first then leaver it in with some pinose pliers.

Now with that done prise open your new pads if you can, then take the caliper back off.

Now time to put my new discs on recomended by Mixman, they are £100 delivered off ebay. ill put a link on later in the thread.

Before you put the discs on put a small dab of copper grease on the end of the screw. When you put the calipers back on put some copper grease on the bolts.

Now put the calipers back on,

DONT FORGET TO SCREW THE LID BACK ON THE BRAKE FLUID. Then pump the brakes.