Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra H 1.7 CDTi

Retrofitting Cruise Control to Astra H 1.7 CDTi

Hi pecky,

I hope you can help me. I've fitted the CC stalk and had a garage tech2 the car to activate the cruise control and it didn't work. Being a diesel I know it already has the clutch switch fitted so I'm wondering why it wouldn't work?

Now I've read about cars having certain wires missing (namely the tutorial written here) - does this apply to my car? I checked behind the clocks and there isn't any wires taped to it.

Also, the garage run some tests and confirmed they can see the CC 'on' signal being transmitted by the stalk but it wasn't being picked up/process by the ECU - does that mean I need to run this wire described above?

Thanks for your help!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You will have no wiring missing at all, there is no reason it will not work.

Tech2 can check for the clutch switch operation, Opcom can't due to a bug.

If the clutch, brake and stalk are all working then it will work.

Are you sure it is not working and not just the light not being on the dash. If your foot is any where near resting on the clutch, it will not work as the switch is very sensitive.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 CDTi
      Thanks for clearing that up before I took the car apart to find I already had the wiring...

It's definitely not working! Been very careful with the pedals etc like you said.

Think I need to get the tech2 stuff checked again, bizarre that it didn't work first time.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      When connected to Tech2, get them to check for the brake pedal, clutch and stalk buttons working correctly. If the clutch or brake say active whilst not being pressed then the problem is there.

Also clear all fault codes.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 CDTi
      Plugged tech2 in and it turns out the clutch switch wasn't working properly! When the pedal was released it didn't push on the switch enough to activate it...so I've glued a small rubber stopper on top of it and bingo, cruise control works a charm. Thanks for your help!