Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    astra h

Problems by fitting original alarm

I am working on installing an alarm system original GM. all the parts I have now, but I have a problem in programming with OPCOM of the REC. The alarm options are not selectable in the variant configuration.
    What am I doing wrong?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      The pirate OPCOM is 2 years out of date, so it could be it isn't covered in the software.

More likely is that the REC is not compatible. Not all RECs can have all the functions. You will probably need to source one that came from a car with the alarm.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      astra h
      Today we've tried to activate the ATWS options in the REC with Tech2 but they still not selectable. Tech2 says anything like 'parameter can not be set'.
      I think that my REC is not compatible even though the original cabling is prepared.

It is also not clear to me whether it is only in REC to be programmed or also in other modules.

Can i find a compatible REC by partnumber? Or is the only way to find a compatible one, asking if it came from a car with alarm?

Is it difficult to program the new REC in the car with Tech2?

Vehicle
      astra h
      Yesterday i fitted a new REC that came from a 2008 Vauxhall Astra. I've promgrammed the REC with OPCOM in my car (security number and VIN). After that i can select the options for ATWS. I've changed them from UK to other countries and my ATWS is working!

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Great news. If you wanted to do a how to guide for others, I could add it to the section as I'm sure there are others out there who are interested how to do it.

Well done.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      astra h sport
      Can you tell US the Alpha Code of the rec you used?? Or the part number??
      Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Vehicle
      astra h
      hello, im fitting ori alarm but i've got a little problem what rec is compatabile for whis operation ? As a friend up please tell me the Alpha code or serial number

Vehicle
      astra h
      I've replaced my REC for a REC with Alphacode HP.
      I also made a How to (in Dutch but i think you can translate it whit google translate) you can find it on the Dutch Opel-Forum: http://www.opel-forum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=168002