Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vectra VXR

CIM Module Faulty ?

I've got the Vectra VXR 2007 (280 BHP) model and the following dashboard lights are on :-

Traction Control - constant yellow
    AFL Headlights - flashing yellow

My AFL lights also dont swivel at startup anymore.

I have KW Variant Coilovers fitted so the IDS suspension has been deactivated and removed.

Doing some research it points towards a faulty CIM Module.

Any ideas?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      My first thought was either ABS pump or CIM, I would think both could cause those warning lights.

Your AFL lights won't work if there are any errors on the system.

I can plug tech2 in and have a look, it may give some more info to point to the issue.

I'm assuming they it was working after the IDS was removed and this is something more recent?
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra VXR
      Hi Richard,

The AFL Lights dont swivel any more. They do fire up, so I have dipped and main headlights, but no swivel or self levelling.

Also, yes everything worked after the IDS was removed. You were the guy who actually deactivated the IDS about a year ago. No problems until now.

I would like you to plug in to see whats going on but my car is SORN at the moment and I need this resolved before I can MOT it.

Would you be happy to come to me in Walsall, by Junction 10 M6?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I can come to you, would have to be an evening though as I'm not around for the next few weekends.

We can make arrangements in your helpdesk thread.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      I can come to you, would have to be an evening though as I'm not around for the next few weekends.

We can make arrangements in your helpdesk thread.
      Yes Richard thats perfect thank you.

I'm around anytime as I work from home, you let me know when.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I take it this one has been long time done and dusted by now, but as an update for other people searching for similar problems. The above errors in most cases are caused by a failure of the Steering Angle Sensor built into the CIM unit. This applies to cars with ESP and or AFL's. Resolution for this is a new CIM unit, code ident UY for cars with ESP and/or AFL's

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      This particular one was due to a clutch change I think it was. The knuckle on the steering column had been disconnected to drop the subframe. The steering wheel had moved whilst it was off. Recalibration of the steering angle sensor was all that was required.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Ah nice easy fix then

Vehicle
      Opel Vectra C Elegance, Z19DTH, 110kW, 150hp

CIM or ECU ABS/ESP fault?

Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      This particular one was due to a clutch change I think it was. The knuckle on the steering column had been disconnected to drop the subframe. The steering wheel had moved whilst it was off. Recalibration of the steering angle sensor was all that was required.
      Hello,
      My name is Gabriel, I am a Romanian guy living in Madrid, Spain. I own a Vectra C Elegance, 1.9 cdti, Z19DTH, from 2008, 110kW, 150hp.
      I am having some trouble with my car, as the ESP light comes on while driving and in the same moment the speedometer needle goes down, especially when I turn to the right side and accelerate or when I drive straight and accelerate (Engine load). The light goes off when I turn ignition OFF. The self check lights work 100% properly, they come on and off in time!
      The worst thing that happens is that when "engine load".... it cuts off power(electricity) for half a second ...and the car seems to stop suddenly, but it comes right back, and when this happens... the speedometer needle sometimes is coming to life again. In all these situations, the Cruise Control does not work.
      If I drive like this for 1 week, I get on diagnostic test a lot of errors from almost all ECU's of the car, but the active errors remain when I delete all of them and I try to recalibrate SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) and the ESP light comes ON when I start the calibration.
      Active erros:
      ABS/TC/ESP - U2143 - Invalid Data from SAS (Steering Angle Sensor)
      (71) - Present
      EHPS - U2139 - CAN-Bus CIM Message Range/Performance
      (71) - Not present

I went to an OPEL workshop and they diagnosed the ABS ECU deffective. I told them it is the CIM module, but they refused to change it (it is in garanty) and they wanted to charge me with 1800€ to replace the ABS ECU.
      Yesterday I have bought another ABS ECU and put it on the car, but I get the same problems...
      Now...I am expecting OPEL to replace the CIM module, but I do not think that they will do it, because: in order to have the replacement approval, they expect 2 errors that come up for a defective CIM... as it is written in their own TIS2000 program. But guess what, I am using the same program to check myself the problems and it turns out that there is NO or intermittent signal from CIM to ABS unit. There are 2 pairs of communication wires (green-white) going out from CIM:
      1- goes straight from CIM to YRS
      2- goes straight from CIM to ABS (terminals 13 and 14) ---> HERE is where I get intermittent signal when measuring resistance and I should get 110-130 Ohms, but I do NOT get them always.
      As TIS2000 says that the steering angle sensor is fitted at the steering column in the engine compartment.... mine is not fitted there, so I am sure it is in the CIM and it does NOT work properly.
      Can I get an expert advice about this situation, please??
      Can anyone tell me exactly where is this SAS fitted in the CIM? Can I reach it and search for visual problems?
      On a topic from Astra and Zafira, they say that is is possible to have a remedy if the steering wheel is removed and the alignment from the CIM box and the mobile part is made by hand... then steering wheel mounted back and solved. Would it be the same here?

PS: When I try to calibrate the SAS and I get the ESP light ON... should I leave it like this and drive.... and it will disappear by itself? And then after.... should I remove the errors?
      Nobody from the Romanian Opel forum cannot tell. All the other signs from other people are different from mine!
      With respect,
      Gabriel Suceveanu