Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra mk5 van

Mk5 van clocks/Vxr clocks

Hi basically live broke my clocks in a mk5 van, so I bought Vxr clocks off eBay but I don't have the security code for them as far as I know they've done 16,000 miles. I'm not really bothered if the milage display Is wrong but I just need them programming in? So the van will start with them. I have the code for my van.
    If I start the engine with my clocks in then swap them everything works including starting and stopping the engine until you remove the key, then it just doesn't start at all.

Can anything be done? Any help appreciated thanks

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi, Do I take it you have a petrol van?

They just need programming to the Van, with the settings changed to the engine type in the van as you wont have a VXR engine. That mismatch will put an Incorrect Identifier received fault code, hence the non starting.

The speedo is part of the immobiliser system, which is why it does this.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 van
      Sorry no it's a 1.3cdti. Is it possible to program my Vxr clocks into it?
      I've managed to sort my clocks apart from the milage display as the ribbon wire has started peeling off, if the Vxrs can't be programmed in is it possible to program my standard clocks to needle sweep, and do everything the Vxrs do ( lights turn on when unlocking and stay on til locked? ) etc
      Thanks for your help it's very much appreciated

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It is possible with a bit of programming to get VXR clocks working in a diesel. However your revs will look really odd as you will be redlining at the same revs as before, only on the dial card the needle will only be 1/2 way around.

With regards to your old clocks, needle sweep can only be programmed on a certain trype of circuit board usually found in 07 or later cars/vans. Then I'm the only person who can do it.

Not sure what you mean by lights on at unlocking, interior speedo lights should anyway, for exterior lighting, then no astra H including VXR have any settings where unlocking the car turns the headlamps/sidelights on

If you are only missing some of the mileage display, then place a few pieces of tape or paper ontop of the ribbon on the circuit board and re-fit the white plastic surround which will put pressure on the tape or paper and the ribbon, this sometimes is enough to make the mileage display work again.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 van
      Ok, im not really bothered if the needles half way round but the engines redlining... so how much would you charge to program the Vxr dials to my van ? I've got all the steering column plastics off and the dials are loose so swapping them takes a few seconds.
      Thanks slot for the help.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Post a thread in the help desk http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/f...hp/1-Help-Desk and I will put a cost together.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 cdti 100 bhp
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Post a thread in the help desk http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/f...hp/1-Help-Desk and I will put a cost together.
      hi,
      i was just wondering what happen to your clocks? do they works ok? did you fit the vxr clocks at the end?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4

Re: Mk5 van clocks/Vxr clocks

I've fitted a few sets of vxr ones into diesel cars, and just needs careful editing of the eeprom
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.7 cdti 100 bhp
      Hi again,
      I have purchase vxr clocks of ebay and i had a bit of time today try and fit it! unfortunalety they was not unmarried from the car that came off!
      So i couldn't find out if the sport button works or not!