Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Body work on the T8

Right then, ive been planning on getting a few bits sorted on the bodywork for a while now nothing really too serious the worst been some curb damage to the front splitter and the yellow roof strips and rust bubbles on each door.

So i popped up to see Paul at A&A valeting services where Chris had his vxr bumper sprayed up and was a lovley job for now im going to get the front bumper and splitter sprayed and the 2 roof strips all in 250 notes which is a smashing price and while his doing this Paule is mixing enough paint to do the rest of the work at a later date when i have the funds . Whilst chatting away (top chap by the way) we decided the the rust bubbles shouldnt be as bad as they are so he suggested putting it across to vx to see where i stand on paint warrenty so i shot over to Twall vx and asked the question they said theres a 6yr warrenty (which for me ends sept this yr) but because they have appeared from stone chips is poss i wont be in for a claim :| but the chap at vx said by all means pop to bodykraft who vx now use for such things and get thee opinion. So literaly down the road i popped in and had another chat to a bloke from there who tbf was very helful and said himself although they do look like stone chips it shouldnt be bubbling away like that so has set up a claim im not having a party just yet as the pics need to be looked at by a vx claims person but least ive got the ball rolling so to speak. If it turns out vx dont want to pay ill be back to paul for the work but its worth a shot. Here are the piccs of the 2 rust spots

What we think to these? i can see vx just saying no tbh but theres a few stone chips around the car now and non of them have rusted like this

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

I'd say the top one isn't really a stone chip, it should go through but not sure on the second one

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      I'd say the top one isn't really a stone chip, it should go through but not sure on the second one
      Yeah the second is a chip i think Rob but im worried it will go the way the first one has but saying this the smaller chip will be an easier fix as its not right o the door mold like the bigger one so fingers crossed vx will pay up

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
      I would have thought that VX will pay up, the first one is blatantly a paint error along the lines when the car was sprayed, even a stone chip should not bubble like that!
      I hope so matey :/ gonna save me a few quid if they do I've just got to wait on a response now from bodykraft ... Looks like waiting for another company to phone me now lol the lists getting bigger :/

Yeah I'll update as and when bud ... Regarding my wheels I still haven't seen them myself yet apparently they will be done Wednesday how true that is I don't know lol but again I'll let u know matey I make a cracking cuppa

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Yeah Mike, Luke makes a good cuppa

mull3tt mk5
      hope you sort everything out mate, its a bostin car kiddo

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Looks pretty damn good on black wheels too

Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      Yeah Mike, Luke makes a good cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by mull3tt mk5 View Post
      hope you sort everything out mate, its a bostin car kiddo
      cheers me mon its getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      Looks pretty damn good on black wheels too

The bumper is now off ready to drop in to Pauls place tomorrow for its respray all been well

theres a few nast chips and a small crack which will be repaird but the worst of the damage is on the splitter

should have seen the bottom of my splitter before i had it resprayed last week lol, ant and his nephew said they've never seen one as bad as mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast