Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vehicle
    corda d...design 1.4 (09)
    Hi'''''pecky''''' if you can solve a thing on this
    Will the GID work 100% without having the 'BC' and 'OK' on the radio,will all work on steering wheel control.
    Just before i go spending more money,im getting so many mix reply's off people.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by jace1969 View Post
      Hi'''''pecky''''' if you can solve a thing on this
      Will the GID work 100% without having the 'BC' and 'OK' on the radio,will all work on steering wheel control.
      Just before i go spending more money,im getting so many mix reply's off people.
      I put a GID in with my original CD30 with the intention of selling the one with the BC OK buttons, and it worked fine. I only put the one with the BC OK buttons in later after deciding not to sell. You will not be able to set the time/date on the GID without the BC OK buttons, however, the time/date will get set automatically through the RDS function of the radio. Hope this helps.

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
      I put a GID in with my original CD30 with the intention of selling the one with the BC OK buttons, and it worked fine. I only put the one with the BC OK buttons in later after deciding not to sell. You will not be able to set the time/date on the GID without the BC OK buttons, however, the time/date will get set automatically through the RDS function of the radio. Hope this helps.
      Cheers for that and i know i keep asking all these things but i just aint got a bit of idea on these only a rough idea what i wrote.
      If i did ever put, like an after market radio in ( kenwood/sony/ ) would it need the code and would all still work off steering wheel just no radio display.
      Say i go outside now and disconnect the radio so its not in line so don't pick up vx radio.

Vehicle
      Cheers for that and i know i keep asking all these things but i just aint got a bit of idea on these only a rough idea what i wrote.
      If i did ever put, like an after market radio in ( kenwood/sony/ ) would it need the code and would all still work off steering wheel just no radio display.
      Say i go outside now and disconnect the radio so its not in line so don't pick up vx radio.
      Tried it with radio out and no 'display safe' but cant control anything just stuck on speed/mph and mpg/distance on tank.

Vehicle
      Tried it with radio out and no 'display safe' but cant control anything just stuck on speed/mph and mpg/distance on tank.
      If i get me another radio or had another radio to put in will the display all work off steering wheel and no need to divorce it.

Vehicle
      Can you good people on here just give me 100% on a few things please,this is if i keep it or it goes.

1........will this work 100% with a radio with no BC or OK on it and get all the functions and use them on the GID ( work off steering wheel)
      2........this can be all sorted by ''pecky'' even with this not on the radio and all work,like still have all BC1 and BC2 etc. ( i have no BC1 or BC2 on now )
      3........will all fuctions work if i put another HU in like a sony / kenwood / etc and still work the stuff off the steering wheel.
      4........i got the radio out and had no 'display safe' when started car but never get BC1 or BC2 and stuck on the page with mpg/mph on but these did work and steering wheel controls didn't work.

Sorry for the ''more info'' but if im going to wait a bit which aint a problem i just want to know 100%.

Thanks to all........

Vehicle
      Just got another set up
      Its a cd30/mp3 with the BC and OK buttons and a GID screen,they are a pair (matched together) out of same car.
      Do i just put them both in and be ok as person said they don't need a code as they are both paired up. ( married )

Vehicle
      Zafira VXR
      Just got another set up
      Its a cd30/mp3 with the BC and OK buttons and a GID screen,they are a pair (matched together) out of same car.
      Do i just put them both in and be ok as person said they don't need a code as they are both paired up. ( married )
      Yes, should be fine, but if you need to do further programming you may need the security code, or get them decoded.

Vehicle
      ........UPDATE........
      person sent wrong unit and GID so been sent back.
      So back to waiting to have it DE-coded and put in.

Vehicle
      Some one wanted the GID for 80 so it went lol.
      Back to the start now lol so hunting for another one where i can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12