Close

Steering Angle Sensor Calibration - Security Code incorrect

Hi
    Interested to see your "Common Faults" page - my 6 speed M32 fell apart in just under 70000 miles - 2007 Twintop 1.9cdti 150
    Wish I'd found your site earlier !
    The gear box has been replaced and the car is back on the road but the ESP light is on permanently.
    Fault code B1012-00 Steering Angle Sensor not calibrated.
    The steering rack was removed to remove gearbox so I believe this is normal.
    The garage tried to sort it but the diagnostics needed the Security Code but would not accept the code on the car pass.
    They only tried it once because they think that if they get it wrong again - it may lock the ecu and make the car unusable.
    But I have no reason to think that the code is wrong and have just seen your link to field remedy 2390

Looked at it using my Opcom by going to Body - CIM - Diag block 3 :-
    (SAS = Steering Angle Sensor)
    SAS out of range - NO
    SAS - 0.00
    SAS offset - 128
    S Wheel AS - OK
    SAS calibrated - NO
    SAS invalid - NO
    Security code status - NOT ENTERED
    Security wait time - INACTIVE
    Security code reset counter - 1

First question - just in case it is the wrong code, is there a limited number of times the security code can be entered incorrectly ?
    (Opcom data shows there is a counter)

Second question - why could the code be incorrect - it's the correct car pass ?
    I'd really appreciate any help - I dare not enter the code again in case it locks the ecu.

Hi,

The code is correct so don't worry about the code being wrong.

You need to get the steering angle sensor in the correct position first and calibrate it.

Only when the steering angle sensor is correct and calibrated will it accept the code.
    Richard Peck
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Many thanks for the fast response
    I'll try that at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pfj View Post
    Many thanks for the fast response
    I'll try that at the weekend
    Hi Pecky
    I never did put that ESP light out - when I saw it involved deactivating the airbag etc. I ignored it.
    But I intend to have a go tomorrow having checked on steering wheel removal etc.
    Just one question from a novice reading field remedy 2390 :
    Will the meaning of "adjust the middle position of the CIM" be obvious once I can see it ?
    Don't know what to expect
    Cheers pfj

Don't have a photo to show you, but yes it is fairly obvious. There are 2 triangle alignment marks printed on the CIM and some instructions in the bottom right corner telling you how to centre it.
    Richard Peck
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Hi Pecky
    Many thanks for your help - finally put the light out after some fiddling with Opcom - not quite straightforward with my Opcom / software

Notes for others in similar position :
    Removed airbag and steering wheel following the usual precautions [ disconnected battery -ve for 5 min ]
    The car had been driven many miles so I knew the ribbon was OK (horn & switches all worked) and the marks were within 3mm - so I just moved the centre rotor of the CIM to align the 2 triangles
    - not easy to move - seemed to be held somehow
    Once everything was back together, Opcom eventually turned out the ESP light but not first or second time
    When it worked I had done the following :
    Steering wheel and wheels straight ahead
    Opcom Diagnostics
    Astra-H
    Body
    CIM (Steering Column Module)
    Measuring block 3
    Steering Angle Sensor offset - set to 0.00 by slightly moving steering wheel [ don't know if this is necessary ]
    Back to CIM screen
    Programming
    Security code
    Entered code from card issued with vehicle - accepted [ before centralising CIM - would not accept this number so Pecky was spot-on ]
    Back to programming screen
    Steering angle calibration - still showed Steering Angle calibrated - No
    Chose Activate and waited
    Eventually showed Steering Angle calibrated - Yes
    I then deleted ALL fault codes [ first time I only deleted the fault codes in the CIM module and light stayed on ]
    The ESP light then came on with ignition as normal and went out after a few seconds

Passed MOT this morning - Relief !
    Also, suggest that you look on ebay to see what a CIM looks like if you don't already know
    Thanks again
    pfj

Visitors found this page by searching for:

b1012 astra

astra h steering angle sensor calibration

astra h steering angle sensor

calibrating cim opcom

calibrating steering angle sensor vauxhall

vauxhall astra h steering angle sensor

steering angle sensor astra h

vauxhall astra steering code

b1012 fault codesteering angle calibration using opcomop com steering angle sensor calibrationsteering wheel angle sensor on astra hsteering angle sensor vauxhall astraopel fault code B1012http:www.diagnostics.org.ukhelpshowthread.php1211-Steering-Angle-Sensor-Calibration-Security-Code-incorrect2007 astra vehicle passcode steering angle sensorastra vxr 2007 steering angle sensorcalibrare sas astra hastra h steering angle sensor calibration with opcomVAUXHALL ASTRA STEERING CALBRATIONsteering angle sensor opel astra hop com steering angle sensoropel astra h steering angle sensoropcom steering angle sensor calibrationopel astra calibrate steering angle sensor